Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last ride???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, May 19, 2010.

1. aceuh

aceuh

Just curious...Anyone ever provide the "Last Ride" for the cremains of a loved one in their hot rod?

The reason I ask is that my Granny passed early this morning and she is being cremated. My mother had asked her brother if he would transport the cremains to the cemetery... I think he's having a bit of an issue dealing with the situation and I don't know if he's going to pull through for her.

When she was still with us I always made sure that whenever I picked her up to go out, that I was in an "old" car. She loved riding in the 54 as well as my 72 C-10 and K-10 (I had to bring a stool for her to climb in and out of it) she even liked riding in the 80Z28.

Due to my recent divorce I no longer have access to the 54 or the Z, but I've still got my trucks....I was thinking I should ask my mother if she'd like me to provide the last ride in my pickup.

So...I was just curious if anyone else had provided the "Last Ride" for someone that was close to them...I thought it would be a great way to say goodbye.

She really dug this car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

your Grandmother look like she enjoyed the ride in the Chevy, taking her ashes to the cemetery she might of liked that

my wife took here Aunt's ashes and some family in our car

sorry to hear she passed

3. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I think that would very appropiate. It would be the last thing you and her would do together. and I think she would have loved it. It will be a memory you,ll never forget. RIP Granny.

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss. Yes i think you should ask to take your Grandma for one last ride . My cousins and i were pall barriers for our Grandma . It was a good feeling to be able to honor her in that way.

5. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

My friend carried his father's casket to the gravesite in the back of his 1962 Chevrolet pickup. He restored after it was given to him by his father. Everyone thought it was a very nice gesture.
    Hey, the firemen use firetrucks for this all of the time!!

Nothing wrong with it at all....go for it!

6. t-vicky

t-vicky
    from Kansas

A good buddy was about to go from canser, told his wife, dont you let my last ride be in no GM product. His brother-in law hauled him in the back of a Ford pick-up.

7. I've requested that my last ride be in the back of Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup. Anything you can do as an expression of your love for your grandmother will help you through your grief. I conducted the funerals of both of my parents and both of my wife's parents (I'm a Baptist minister).

8. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Hate to hear about your granny. Also hate to hear about you not having the 54, loved that car.
    I would say yes to her having the last ride in your pickup.
    I have been to several car guys funerals that were transported in their cars for the last ride.
    Robert

9. aceuh

aceuh

I spoke with my mother earlier today and she thought it would be great if Granny got her last ride in my pickup. I sincerely hope my Uncle comes through with his bike, but if he decides he's not up to the task I'll step in.

I think she just liked things that were loud and had wheels...

[​IMG]

Wasn't she a looker!

[​IMG]

Notice the dogtags? She was a nurse in the army...stationed at Pearl Harbor during the attack.

I'll be driving from LaFayette GA to Rome GA to pick her up. From there we'll be going to Columbus/Ft. Benning. If you see us, give the lady a wave.

This will be her last ride (OT I know...but now you'll know us if you see us).

[​IMG]