Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last Refuge Hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purplehipower, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seen a previous question about this company - wondering if anyone knows what is going on - I can't get parts from them I paid for 4 months ago. They answer emails now and then and seem to make promises - but parts don't show up. Saw Norb joined the Hamb and others are pleased with his products once you get them.

2. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Been there. Good luck with that. Also there is like 4 other threads on this.

3. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Four months isn't bad, it's been four YEARS for me to get my money back. I don't even bother anymore because all it does is raise my blood pressure.

4. Bhwaahahahahaahaha!

Not directed at you personally, just the question.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

This has hashed and rehashed here on the HAMB. Some have have had good luck with Last Refuge and some haven't. I personally had good luck, he did what he said he'd do and the product was what he said it would be. Maybe I got lucky?

6. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

i got a model a bed from him took about 3 months.... Nice product but a horribly run business

7. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

I've lived in the Cortez / Dolores area in Colorado so I know how people are up there. They are good folks with a small town thing going for them. I figure when he gets a lot of orders then it just slows down the whole process. It's not like the big city where you can hire some part time relatively skilled help to get you through the fast times then lay them off when times are slow. He probably has one crew to handle everything and God forbid if someone moves on to greener pastures. That just slows it down more. Logistics really suck there. They have mountains all around. Durango is the closest big town and that is way over stoner pass to get there. Grand Junction, CO and Albuquerque, NM are a long way off.

Best of luck

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He may not be making anything ahead for inventory either. In other words build it as he gets down through the list of orders.
    MAS Racing used to do a lot of that. They didn't make up a lot of the chassis parts until they got an order for them and if the guy who built your part was on vacation it didn't get done until he got back and worked his way through the orders ahead of it.
    I waited for what seemed like months for my drag link and hairpin steering arm for my T bucket when I built it in the 70's.

Nice website though and some interesting stuff if he could get it delivered in a timely manner.

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

What exactly have you ordered from them???

10. 40 Ford pick up box kit - shipped part of it -

11. Be careful in the future - I got all kinds of stories and promises - finally just told him to give me my money back - dam surprised he did - I would not deal with them again.

12. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I,m surprised after reading the previous threads on Norbert that you dealt with him at all!!

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So I gather from this and the other threads...good product, but be prepared to wait, huh?

I'll just have to plan ahead. Good to know. I'd wait...for a nice part at a reasonable price.

14. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

We did issue a refund, Purple only waited 3 weeks before crashing my PayPal account. I am close to getting caught up but dont need any special favors like that. I know my delivery time sucks and I try every day to improve. Aussie Steve your a failure just get over it.

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There are Federal mailorder laws which cover these situations.

It is shameful that so many hotrod/old car outfits are run this way. You can't run a business like that and expect to stay in business. Customer service is number one in this world and excuses don't hold water.
    Nothing is worse than a lie about delivery dates, it sticks in the customer's mind like glue and gets repeated over and over.

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Aussie Steve your a failure just get over it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are the failure, for failing to give people what they paid for and bad customer service!

17. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Same for me. Just wish he was more consistent so everyone else could have the same experience I did.

18. Racrdad

Racrdad

Yeah thats real professional. :rolleyes: I have never commented on any of the threads concerning this before because I have never personally dealt with the guy. But, after that comment from him that really sums up the guys character in a nutshell.

19. gpa

gpa
    from lewis,co.

Good or bad product, the guy is a LIAR! Ive delt with him alot,he is only about 10 miles from my shop, ive tried to deal with him on several projects and it has always bit me in the ass. I have waited on a tailgate for three weeks to fit an oddball bed he built and he has made up every lie he can for not getting it done, I had to cut one down to fit last night,so if you like high blood pressure and alot of grief, by all means, deal with him.
    Good luck.

20. I never DID get my shirt.

21. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Aussie Steve your a failure just get over it.[/QUOTE]
    Norbert
    It is funny to me that you call me a failure when You are the one letting your customers down,not me.
    Also,I wasn,t the one taken to court by an unhappy customer,or did that slip your mind?

22. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

WHY? You need a new shop rag?

23. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Norbert
    It is funny to me that you call me a failure when You are the one letting your customers down,not me.
    Also,I wasn,t the one taken to court by an unhappy customer,or did that slip your mind?[/QUOTE]

Steve do you have an interest in all of this that you should declare???
    Are you the Aussie who worked for Norbert?

24. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Steve do you have an interest in all of this that you should declare???
    Are you the Aussie who worked for Norbert?[/QUOTE]

Never worked for him,never would.
    I just don,t like his business practices and all the lies.

25. I have 49 employees if I supply poor client skills then my employees lose jobs and I lose money and the people whom work for me lose there homes Etc.
    I expect any vender to have the same views as do when it comes to sales and service of items sold. I understand time issues but there is NO excuse for talking to clients in this manner

26. gravelpete

gravelpete
    from canada

I just received my box from him, it took a little longer than promised but the product is good. I am happy and was worth the wait.

27. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Ausie Steve is not a customer and never has been, By looking at his posts etc, he spends a lot of time on the HAMB jacking off.

28. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

29. [​IMG]

this won't last very long...

30. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

NORBY sounds like a tough guy calling ALL of us Jack-offs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.