Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last minute RELIABILITY RUN in NorCal BAY AREA-----TODAY!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 19, 2007.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just go word that a last minute reliability run is coming together. The plan is to leave Alameda at 11:00am TODAY (Saturday 1/20) from the Starbucks on the corner of Webster and Atlantic for Gambino Customs, then on to Santa Cruz to a new tiki bar/restaurant that will be opening an hour early for us with a buffet. After a couple hours in Santa Cruz the return route is up Highway 1 to catch the sunset over the ocean.

2. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

If i leave now from NY i just might make it......Better put the hi-test in her

3. HULA'S -- the new tiki bar and restaurant -- is killer. I've been there five times in the last couple of weeks. But a couple of Mai Tais bro, and you may not want to get back on the hiway.

You roadster guys dress warm. I'll try to hook up with you there.

4. 4woody

4woody

Hula's web site says they open at 5, so ya'll are planning to get there at 4 ?
    I'd like to get by and meet folks if I can. I don't know anybody but Detonator in person...

Hula's is right next to my old shop. Used to be a really nasty Chinese restaraunt, and before that was the "Downtowner", last of the old folk's coffee shops down there.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

I was actually told they were opening 2 hours early, So I guess it'd be more like 3:00.

6. johnnykck

johnnykck

Well, I'll be wearing several T-shirts, a Pendelton and a jacket just to be sure. I do not want to freeze my ass off again like I did sunday night after the cow palace show. But Saturday is supposed to be a bit warmer, in the 60*'s I hear.

See ya guys at the shop at noon!

7. Any idea how many cars are signed on?

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

I don't know how many for sure, but it sounds like 15+

9. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

oh yeah, im in. here's to a nice day.....

-scott noteboom

10. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

im gona were just a pair of my westling shorts:D

11. racer756

racer756

kinda kinky, make sure that you wear those funky lace up sneeker boots(westling shoes:D )

12. johnnykck

johnnykck

Well, that's because you're the EL GAMBINO, but I'll be wearing a lot more than shorts, I can garantie that!!

13. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

I need a car damnit :( (stupid school)

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Come over and hitch a ride with someone.

15. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

Not a bad idea, I actually just called a friend of mine to see what hes doing tommrow.....just might make it down with him. :)

16. tommy v

tommy v

i'm in, what time are we leaving alex's

17. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I wish i could make it Kirk, it sounds like a great time.
    best wishes everyone and stay safe over hwy 17!
    Bummed i can't make it ...next time.
    CAB

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK, I changed evenrything to read TODAY!

19. tommy v

tommy v

20. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

I wish I had a reliable car....... Damn Holley fuel pump... Grrrrrr

21. Muffler Bearing

Muffler Bearing

damn, and im just getting ready to head up to the east bay for the weekend...

i want to see some pictures of all the cars lined up infront of hulas!

-j

22. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Yea, thought I was going to make it as well, but the in-laws are comming into town.
    Lookin forward to some pics.:D

Craig :cool:

23. post up some pics when you guys get back tonight~~!!!!

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

Well, it's 5:30 and I just got home from the run. Six of us cut out after the tiki bar and headed back to San Jose but the rest of the guys are still going strong and will probably end up in S.F. later on!
    The first leg of the run was great, we went from my shop (next door to Gambino Kustoms) down 880 then over highway 9 to Santa Cruz, what a great way to get to Santa Cruz and the weather was perfect, a little cool in some spots but not bad at all. Every body made it to the tiki bar (well I ended up with a leaking freeze plug but nothing a bottle of radiator sealant couldn't fix), and received a great welcome, great place, great cocktails, absolutly worth checking out!
    Alex was taking a lot of pic's, so were some of the other guys, so I'm sure some body will post some later tonight or tomorrow!

25. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

i was too busy driving through the curves of highway 9 to take photos, but someone elses will appear soon im sure.

anyway, this was a great time. nothing like hearing the roar of the pipes when we dive into a deep 180 degree corner surrounded by thick trees. The sounds is great.

- started at Gambino Kustoms / Kool Cat Kustoms and headed to Santa Cruz over highway 9.
    - the weather turned pretty nice, versus the cold its been. the sun was out.
    - driving through the santa cruz mountains w/ redwoods, old little town areas and lotsa cabins. even ran into a vintage model a club headed the opposite direction (glad we werent stuck behind em headed uphill!)
    - we had about 20 folks in about 12 cars in our group i'd guess. everything from chopped hotrods, rpus, to 50's and early 60's styled customs.
    - everybody that wanted to make it did so reliably i think. you'll generally find that in the bay area people really do drive the shit out of their cars year round-- so they tend to be nicely road worthy.
    - Hula's tiki bar was great. food and drinks were excellent.

good times.

-scott noteboom

26. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Scott and Johnny,
    glad everything went great and everybody had an awesome time!
    let's see some pics Alex:)
    sounded like a blast, hope i can make the next one.
    best wishes,
    CAB

27. Chuck R

Chuck R

Our journey began in Alameda where we hooked up with a few guys and gals from the east bay and north bay. Then it was off to Gambino Kustoms. Next door to Alex's place was Johnnys Kool Cat Kustoms. We had an eye full of great projects and had a chance to meet up with the group from the San Jose area. Then it was off to Highway 9, which is an old 2 lane road that twists through the mountains between the Bay Area and Santa Cruz. When we arrived in Santa Cruz we went to the Tiki Bar for some food, beverages and good conversation. We met Detonator there and got to see his 29 roadster. My wife and I want to thank everyone who planned the day with special thanks to Alex and Johnny for openning up their shops. We saw old friends , met some new freinds and had a great time.
    Thanks Again!
    Chuck and Marsha

28. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Any pixs yet guys?