Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last day at my Parts house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fomocochoptop, Jul 4, 2009.

1. fomocochoptop

fomocochoptop

Thursday was my Last Day at what use to to be Memory Lane Collector Car Dismantlers and now empty lot.
    It was a very sad day for me. The Place where i have meet so many good People and Learned so much about Cars, people and myself
    It was my dream job. Imagine the countless amount of Different year style cars throught the almost 10 year time span that i worked there. This love of cars is my life, it's on my mind every day like many of you. I had a great boss Tony Martinez that showed me so much and how to treat customers,He gave the oppourtunity to become a counter parts guy.
    Luckily for me i have a Job i will starting in the begining of the week and i will still be in the automotive restotation field. So i have to Thank The Great Memory Lane for the hands on experience i have gained from (My Parts house).

So long to My Daily Inspiration

2. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

One door closes and another one opens, no one can take away all those memories.

3. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Very well said my Brother.

4. Spent ten years behind parts counters. Some of the best, and worst times I ever had. Mostly the best.....

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Thank You for saying something NICE about a previous employer. So many guys just bitch and will never know how difficult it is to employ someone. Really nice to see a post like this.
    If I was hiring, a grateful guy like you would move to the top of my list.

6. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

FOMO, where are you moving to??

7. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

very sad to see it go fomocotopchop, i spent many years working right next to you and we were two kids in a candy store, always brainstorming on what would look cool on our cars, learnin about shit that very few people really care about, meeting some of the dirtiest, krustyest coolest old gearheads you will ever meet, it was awesome! some of the best years of my life! everyonce in a while, i have dreams about walking through the yard, looking around at all the chevys, fords, chryslers, cadillacs, buicks, olds, ponchos, it was the coolest job that 2 guys like us could ever have. fuck, i even miss that disgusting portapotti i took a shit in every morning!!!!!

8. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Hey Guys
    Thanks for the help throughout the years.
    Can't believe Memory Lane is no more. Tony is a good guy for sure.
    Is The Nelson on here?
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

9. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Very well put.

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

Sorry to hear Memory Lane is gone - I read a lot about you guys in the magazines. I worked at an antique auto parts yard in Kansas and it was my dream job, too. But I'm glad to hear you've already found new work. My last gig was at a Mopar musclecar place, where i got laid off last year. I'm still looking for the next job. Just sorry I never got to see your place in person.

11. i used to drive up to that place (65 miles one way) in sun valley just to walk around the cars inside.

12. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

What's happening to the lot?

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

My question is why the fuck didn't I got while I was in So Cal last winter...

Really sucks that is shut down, but it is good you have another job!

14. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

I persuaded the wife and kids to go there in august en route to Magic Mountian and the place was gone !! gutted........