Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LARS 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fcarnut, Jun 17, 2018.

1. fcarnut

fcarnut

As a long time garage parts seller at the Roadster Show the disappoint for me and the people I bought spaces for, was that when I bought our spaces (16) 3 months ago they told me all the spots I wanted were already taken. We ended up out close the the drag strip part of the swap area. Some of the spaces I was after were never filled and some others were purchased in the 3 days before the event. Consequently we were out far enough that Friday looked like a ghost town and Saturday with so few vendors in our area people didn't even want to venture out or they cut the rows short. Looks like a Friday set-up and Saturday only Swap Meet is in order? My 2¢

Pewsplace and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Selling spaces ahead of time really screwed the swap meet up.
    The only way that that would work is to be able to see what is available at the time you pay.
    The way it was handled caused it to be spread out. Better to be filled up closer to the show.
    We lucked out and had spaces two rows from the Avalon restaurant but still were surrounded with open spots.
    I hope he figures it out for next year.

3. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Like a seating chart program for an airline, you can see what is taken and what is left. It wouldn't be that hard to generate the same program but that is where the promoters like to cut corners and try to make a little more profit...... they just ruined a great swap meet.