Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lark owner newbie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pizza, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Pizza

Pizza

Just registered today, still trying to find my way around.
    I've had my 1959 Lark vl four door for several years.I picked it up as part of a package deal trade, sold everything else and keep the Stud Buster. It had been stored in a dirt floor garage for decades. The kid who "rescued" it had thrown away the front bench and replaced it with a broken seat from a sixties two door propped up with a two by four. There was a piece of tin about as thick as a beer can laid over the empty spot where the drivers floor board had been. Adding insult to injury he had sprayed it with green primer. Yes. Pea green primer.
    I patched it together, installed buckets from a 2000 Grand Prix and drove it. The front end shook like hell under hard braking but basically it drove pretty well. For a while I even delivered pizzas in it occasionally.( I sometimes deliver to the grandson of one of the last Studebakers to own the company. How cool is that?)
    I parked it a couple of years ago and just started tearing into the front suspension and steering.
    I'd been reluctant to do it because I've reached a point in life where wrenching is physically difficult. I finally decided it didn't matter how quickly I could do it, as long as I did it.

2. Interesting story. Welcome to HAMB land.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Welcome and look forward to some pictures.

41 GMC K-18 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Your screen name got my attention.:D

AVater and 41 GMC K-18 like this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Welcome to the HAMB……from one Lark owner to another! ;)

Ray

41 GMC K-18 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. v8flat44

v8flat44

Welcome ! Love most Studebakers & drove a suppercharged Lark 4 speed back in the day. Really neat cars. Pics please.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB from Seattle. Larks are cool, my dad bought a new Lark in 1963!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

9. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With Studebakers, welding is a skill that will be enhanced as you patch it back together:) I spent as much on patch panels from Classic Enterprises as I did for the car, spent way too much money:( I'd suggest you join the Studebaker Drivers Club also, they aren't all restorers and there is a wealth of information in the members. Good Luck!
    https://studebakerdriversclub.com/

Hnstray likes this.