Register now to get rid of these ads!

Landy Scott/midget

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mlight9, Dec 6, 2009.

1. In the 9-13-09 copy of NSSN, Chris had an article about a "Landy Scott" who drove midgets in the midwest from the 40's into the 60's.
    In 2008, his children purchased his midget & had it restored & presented to him as a "Fathers Day" gift. He is 90 years old.
    The car was then shown at the Corona Del Mar Car Classic sometime in August. The car was judged "Best in Show".
    Just wondered if anybody had pix or other info,
    mlight9.

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

If you want to know about Landy, his son Dan has a dynamite website about him at...

www.landyscott.com

If all the oldtimers had done this, we wouldn't have all the guess work going on.

Landy has recently moved back to Milwaukee.

4. speedtool, thank you for the info re Landy Scott & his midget. I just found this today while going thru the HAMB index, was surprised to see my name, sorry for the time lapse.
    mlight9.

5. 28 Dreyer, thank you very much for the pix on Landy Scott. Thay are just what I was hoping for. The restoration looks fabulous. I liked the pix of him hot lapping the new car. Would you know what serial # it has ??
    I like your user name, as you can see by my avatar. Also, a couple of years ago I stopped @ the Dreyer shop in Indy & had Floyd's son give me a complete tour which I enjoyed immensely. Thanks again for you response & sorry for the delay in answering, but I just found your post about 5 min. ago while going thru the HAMB index, I'm now about halfway thru. I'm on the Vintage, nothing over '69, HAMB every day.
    mlight9.