Register now to get rid of these ads!

land speed cars.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edweird, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Putputboom

Putputboom
    from Fresno

I would love to know a little more about this one. Its lines are very clean.

2. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

The car runs in the XXO/VOT(vintage oval track) class. It has a 270 OFFY thumper, Winters Phoenix two speed trans and Winters QC rear axle. It has a 102" WB.... inboard suspension and steering... lowered nose and Bonneville legal roll cage.

The class record is 176.5 MPH.. This car has made a run at 182.5 but, due to engine problems, did not make a required back up run, so they have the speed but not the reliability yet. They reckon that, with the correct gear, they could hit 200.....???

Here is a great photo of A.J.Watson, himself, and a bunch of roadster owners checking out the build in my shop. A.J. came over about 10 times, during the build, to inspect the car. He really liked it. He told me that even as a young racer in SoCal, he never went to the Salt Flats or Dry Lakes.

tom mc griff in INDY

Attached Files:

3. the shadow

the shadow

thats awesome, love the look of the car...retro but new. Nice work!!!

Paul

4. luke13

luke13

just out of curiosity , what engine and gearbox are you using to power your streamliner, that gearbox looks very british.

5. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

way cool thread this is great

6. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

Re: The Eggliner

John Buddenbaum and Eric Noyes built a streamlined motorcycle with 50cc engine and went over 140 mph, breaking records set decades earlier by a factory motorcycle team.

They are now building a car for the smallest displacement classes.

7. Cain H

Cain H

My uncle Bruce is the guy on the left, he played a big part in building the car, it still holds a record from 1994 at bonneville 253mph, also hold a record from 1990 at el mirage.

Attached Files: