Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lambrecht Auction pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

Looks like a newer battery in the Cameo, makes you wonder if someone had started it recently?

2. Does anybody know if the letters in the sold price box are the initials of the one who bought the vehicle? I saw a lot of o###e If so I wonder if that person has a junkyard.I also noticed that you could take what you want off the cars and leave the rest. Maybe some parts are still there? Who knows. Steve

3. jesse1980

jesse1980

If I only had money and room!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe those indicate on line bidder. That info came from earlier in this thread or in another thread on the HAMB or on another board. I'd think that a lot of guys may have buyers remorse on this one after is all said and done.

5. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks

HaHaHa I didn't understand that one either. Crazy

6. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Thanks for posting the pics and you have a really nice camper! I wish the History Channel coverage would have been better than it was.

7. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

I'd say most reasonable people would say a lot of buyers paid too much, way too much in my opinion, but no one got took. You can't get took at an auction that's run honestly.
    Obviously lots of buyers saw more value in that stuff than I did.
    If you think those prices were crazy you should go to a petroliana auction sometime.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'd say that many got "taken" by the hype. That 57 4-door ain't worth $37,500, unless it's trunk is filled with gold.

9. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Since a bank letter of credit was required I'd say what people bid was pre meditated. Pretty hard to get taken if you planned ahead of time to bid that much.
    I see this all the time at petroliana auctions. The desire to own something often outweighs common sense. I would have walked right past that rusty 57 and not given it a second look, but it was worth 37500 to the buyer. Thats a crazy price but he didn't get taken.

10. Kansas Old School

Kansas Old School
    from Kansas

I saw a lot of trailers coming home empty. A pretty decent 57 4 dr hdtp went for 12k, It was bought back by a local guy that bought it new. He traded it to lambrecht when it was ten years old, and tried to buy it back several times but lambrecht wouldn't sell it. I figure it was worth about 5k. Great entertainment and glad I went. Ireally liked the 51 yellow chevy fastback, went for 5k.

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I like the way you look at this. "Great entertainment and glad I went". Kinda how I felt. Gary

12. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks for the pictures. Nice camper!! I can't help but wonder what some of the cars would have sold for if they were cleaned up a little. Just pressure washed.

13. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

that was my thought during the viewing friday, but after seeing what stuff sold for. I don't think it would have made any difference. Gary

14. CDXXVII

CDXXVII
    from Vermont

Has there been anything on the web about which car the Aussie lady bought, how much she spent and if anybody helped here with shipping it home?
    There was a bit about her on the TV broadcast.

15. Back on picture topic, here is a picture from the Omaha World Herald website that I was told appeared in the Sunday paper. Shows me and a friend off to the right in amazement at the price of the Cameo. He's in the hoody, me in the black hat. If anyone has a copy, let me know.

Attached Files:

16. Best comment yet about this whole deal.

17. haychrishay

haychrishay

Thanks for getting camera crazy........usually people pay for two and get one at the BJ auction, they better take notice these guys put em to shame !

18. Schreibs

Schreibs

Thanks for posting your pictures! I apologize if i'm out in left field, but would you happen to know how much, or if the 56 Ford customline 2-door sold? I was also intrigued by the 53 Ford 2-door and 55 Vicky. I searched the net, but found only the sales results for the majority of the GM's, and a few select non-GM's. I know it may be irrelevant to some, but i'm curious! And that black 57 Fairlane 500 hardtop....my kryptonite!

19. kein

kein

WTF? Am I in the wrong hobby these days....some of the prices are just crazy. I'm thinking it is the shark frenzy attitude with a big crowd at auctions, just like Barrett Jackson helping to make a lot of cars become out of reach for regular Joes. Guess I will just start hunting old barns and knocking on old folks homes lol

20. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

There was a story going around that there is another dealer in Nebraska that went out of business and has all the cars stored inside that will be having an auction soon. I have lived in Nebraska all my life, and the Lambrecht Dealership is the only one that I have ever heard about. I think that this story is bogus

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I read something about another dealer that had low mile cars on the Hemmings motor news website and it was a Mopar dealer,if I read it correctly all the cars were sold years ago but a 57 savoy with 31 miles is coming up for auction at one of the big auctions soon.

22. big M

big M

That Mopar Dealer was in Texas, the cars were auctioned off over ten years ago. A friend bought a Plymouth sedan there.

---John

23. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

24. This horse is dead already! HRP

[​IMG]

25. chopped

chopped

26. Thank you.

27. 41fordor

41fordor

I love your Shasta trailer HRR!