Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lakster or Dirt Track ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exStreamliner, Dec 30, 2009.

1. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Originally that was the plan - last show where folks could climb all over it and view Carey's work before it gets painted... But, our progress was questionable at registration time... And, I didn't want to push it just for the show... We assembled it to have photos for the show and now I'm having second thoughts... Larry of Singlefinger fame has called to say they will pull another car from thier club space if I change my mind... I'm still riding the fence... I don't know if that many folks are interested in seeing an unfinished car twice and I haven't made a transportation inquiry yet

2. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

"If Lords willing & the creek don't dry" the T will be going to Detroit Autorama... Transportation has just been confirmed!

3. Love it! What are the plans from here on out?

4. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Plan is to finish the headers, re-do the hood sides, set up accelerator pedal / foot rest, add headlight stands / removable lights, do wiring, paint it and have it ready for GNRS basement... Hopefully at some point get back on the tow car & build a 50's style trailer

5. You're almost there! Love everything about it...Whippet grille, streamlined windshield, wheelbase, late tub with early turtle...slick! Can't wait to see it finished!

6. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

7. Sweetness. [​IMG]

8. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

[​IMG]

Hmmmm....

Perhaps I erred, I think I should've told him to leave the T home & bring Erin.

:p

9. metzjustin

metzjustin
    from Ohio

Lookin good…

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

You are a lucky man!

11. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Lucky because I have the roadster, an unfinished Ranchero tow car project, and a 33 I don't ever seem to drive... or because I know a lovely young artist, Erin, that what willing to share some light on the project?

[​IMG]

Yes... I'm very lucky to have friends that support my habits!

Lil'Alb likes this.
  12. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

This is a shot of the roadster from the last time it was at Detroit Autorama... a little bit of patina (rust) since the last time... and quite a few changes that don't jump out at ya

[​IMG]

13. Looks better with Erin in it. :p

Car looks great though. Can't wait to see it done.

14. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

15. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

This is a frontal shot of the headers... the blurry vertical area is a ruler to show where the hood will cross

[​IMG]

16. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

[​IMG]

I thought you might of meant the T but she was having fun...

17. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

:cool: it's a beautiful pics

18. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I borrowed this comment on the T from another thread... I'm getting used to the headers and at some point I hope it isn't the first thing that catches my eye... thats the main reason I stayed with the shorties... for me they don't distract... (but, I sure Erin had something to do with not initially noticing the headers)

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That made me laugh out loud.. I love this little T.

And it's not because of Erin. (at least.. I don't think so) ;)

20. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

The bits of wisdom about the T that don't show up on this thread make me laugh too... I like this one that was PM'd:

Looks like you got 10lbs of taters to fit in a 5lb sack and made it look good. I cant imaging how much thinking had to go into this. My brain is killing me just thinking bout it.

21. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Bugs & Taters Special

22. daddio211

daddio211

Love the build man, glad you appreciated my earlier comment!

I'm stunned nobody in this group of hooligans has photoshopped the blonde kissing Gene into the blonde kissing Erin! :eek:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

We put the original half hood side on to get some overview shots... meanwhile Carey has been working on getting the full hood to accept the new headers... I'll follow up with detailed shots but I thought a preview might be in order

[​IMG]

24. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Due to the header exit... the most common practice would have been a five piece hood... but, visually we already have problem that the flat area of the hood is taller in the front even though the the radiator and cowl are the same hiegth due to the taper of the Whippet shell... so, a slotted hood opening was decided upon... this meant we would have to have removable rear sections and ensure structural strenghth for the top section to secure... here is a front detail

[​IMG]

25. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

The rear section has a removable surround and a small panel that is overlapped by the hood...

[​IMG]

26. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

This shot gives a better view of the surround... the inner is tapped into the 1/8" thickness and the outter is drawn down with the same style screws used throughout the build...

[​IMG]

27. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

The next step will be louvering... top row of 5 then 6 followed the bottom two rows going the full length...

[​IMG]

Now for some trivia... what vintage latches are these... think 40's thru 50's production (not aftermart)...

[​IMG]

28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Cushman :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  29. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Another trivia question... Was there any bangers that had driver side exhaust ports?

We won't even attempt doing the passenger side exhaust or hood panel... So, at Detroit Autorama it will only have drivers side exhaust and I'm sure the Singlefinger gang will have some fun with that... Rare banger indeed! To add realism it would be neat to know of a banger that doesn't have passenger side exhaust...

30. The car is looking great! Never hurts to have a pretty girl in your photos. ;)