Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lakes pictures. P.R.C.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by woodiemike, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is Don Blairs and you are right it went thru many stages of Lake readiness...

Here's the thread that led me to these questions below...the second link is the comments on the first...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=8712

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/bert-bloomquist-images-part-3-the-mill.474566/

Jet96 and woodiemike like this.
  2. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As usual Jimmy B is spot on! Great pictures and information Jimmy. Thanks. Great info Stogy!

Dannerr and Stogy like this.
  3. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Just saw on facebook that we lost "Rockerhead " Don Montgomery today , RIP old buddy. Thanks for all your books and stories

Dannerr, Cyclone Kevin, KKrod and 2 others like this.
  4. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OMG...that is devistating
    OMG...that is devastating news. The hobby is truly losing an icon. Not only do we lose a great guy, but we also lose such great memories, knowledge, expertise, and everything else Don had to offer and did so freely. I am so, so sorry to hear of his passing. He will be truly missed. Condolences to the Family. RIP Don.

Dannerr, KKrod and Stogy like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    KKrod likes this.
  6. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

KKrod and Stogy like this.
  7. 296ardun

296ardun

Yes, Don bought it from the Spaulding brothers, replaced their T body with this one, and his own blown flathead

woodiemike and Stogy like this.
  8. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the reply and information ardun! Good to see you are still hanging around!!;):)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. HotRodDean

HotRodDean

Really stoked to score these RTA tags in a antiques mall in LA. I'm trying to do some research on Sam Comstock. I found his name mentioned in this thread in a Hotrod Magazine report for the April 1950 El-Mirage meet. Would love to find out any more info on what club he was a member of and what car he ran. Seems he did pretty well

image0.jpeg
    image2.jpeg

chryslerfan55, Stogy, oj and 6 others like this.
  10. rusty valley

rusty valley

pretty darn cool !

11. deluxester

deluxester

I’m blown away by the quality of these photos. And you have so many; these really help connect me with that moment in racing history. Priceless.. thanks for taking the time to share them.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello HotRodDean; first off nice score on the timing tags! Kind of amazing you come all the way over here to find them in a antique mall in L.A.!! Good for you and glad you saved them. Crazy where some of this stuff ends up. I have checked everything I have but do not show anything on Sam. I think the best bet is to check with our friend @Jimmy B . His memorabilia collection is quite extensive. Take Care

13. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are very welcome deluxester! As previously stated, it's all here for all to enjoy. Hoping to provide information and inspiration!!;):cool:

Dannerr, deluxester and Stovebolt like this.