Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake comound swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetnow1, May 5, 2013.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Went to the Lake Compound/CT Street Rod Assoc. Swap meet this morning-
    Saw more early Ford stuff than I have seen there in years. Of course I was
    looking for Chevy AD stuff- did not find much for that but did pick up a decent
    left front fender for my truck. Saw more nailhead, early olds etc stuff than
    I remember seeing there before also. Anyone else see much there?

2. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Brought home LOTS of stuff today, always come home loaded.

3. Got a set of 35 16" wire wheels for a good price. Got to see some friends. Good day for me.

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Nice weather, good parts haul......but my left knee does NOT like walking over those cobblestones for hours!

5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

It was unusally dusty. One dealer had a bunch of roller rocker sets displayed on the ground with literally hundreds of feet stirring up dirt. With all the trouble we take keeping motors clean it was hard to look at. Was surprised nobody bought my sprint car roller for a measly $700. Lots of lookie loos.

6. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

No kidding on the dust, anyone on the row ends by the parking lot got their parts dusted pretty bad. Weather was great though and lots of good deals.

7. mr crocket

mr crocket

Funds were very low so I went just for something to do. Was amazed at lack of junk and some good deals.Think I got it figured out go broke and get stuff dirt cheap.Bought a set of BBC marine manifolds dirt cheep and guy threw in a set closed chamber heads for free (I went looking for 063 or215 bbc heads)What a day.

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, at the end of it my boots reminded me of the ones Clint Eastwood wore in the spaghetti westerns.