Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lake Area Roadsters Reliability Run in the Black Hills

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagehotrods, May 22, 2009.

1. Chad you are going to have to do this next year!

2. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

What a great post !! Looks like a bunch of fun......... also love the LA roadster sign lol
    Looks like SD has some country to check out when I hit the road, looking for a cool place to visit.
    Thanks again, Dave

3. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Ditto. Really neat event, and the work you put in to present it on the HAMB is outstanding!

4. Awsome photo's, especially the old tin amongst the trees. Kiwi Helrod.

5. Jerry, great coverage. Lots of good folks in that group! Sorry our paths dont cross as m uch anymore.

6. Here's another short video of our cruise up the Needles Highway through the Black Hills in perfect weather on Saturday, May 16th. The squealing tires you hear is Randy and Karen Hedge in their '32 with a quickchange running a spool. Those corners are really tight!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJYzM-YCskc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJYzM-YCskc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

7. While show n' shines are neat, it's great to know that there are hotrodders out there that get out & use their cars!
    Great coverage of your run in spectacular scenery!

8. bonesy

bonesy

Driving is where its at. Thanks for taking the time to post your great coverage.

9. TomH

TomH

Well Jerry I don&#8217;t know what to say, I think in the 10 or 12 years we been doing this, it&#8217;s the second time we have missed. You know if we could have made it we would have. I don&#8217;t know if I&#8217;m going to show Char this, it&#8217;s the one we look forward to every year. Will be down to see Ed in July for the Counts Rod Run. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and video. See ya in Watertown if not sooner.

10. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Great coverage. Sounds like a cool drive. The old car pile you found is amazing!!!

11. More video of the cruise down the Needles Highway.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHR-0Yb1NeU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHR-0Yb1NeU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

12. Great pictures. Looks like you had perfect roadstering weather.

13. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Thanks for the great pics of what looks like was a great time.

14. BTTT for anyone that might have missed this.

15. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and tell the story, it looks like way too much fun! Denise and I drove much of the same route 2 years ago on the way home from Speedweek, beautiful country for sure!

16. Dan

Dan

Where did A&A move to? Last time there I drove by the old location and it was gone. Glad to see he relocated and didnt close up shop. Looks like things are going good at HRI as well, hope they stay full of students. Thanks for all the pics!

17. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

Thanks so much for sharing, that looked like an amazing day!

18. TomH

TomH

2630 Dane Ln, Rapid City, SD

It's on the north side of I90

19. bob myers

bob myers

What a great time you guys had. Your group stopped at my place for a garage tour a couple of years ago and I was able to get a three duece intake for my y block from one of the guys. Hope to see you next year.

20. For reference Jerry, our place is 5 minutes East of those Buffaloe.

21. Some day. Thanks for the great pics!

22. Hey Bob, that was ME (Jerry)! Glad to have helped you out. Did you get it on that T-Bird yet?

23. DAM! Jerry that looks like it was a blast..
    383 Deuce

24. brady1929

brady1929

jerry, what a beautiful place to do some hot roddin. thanks for vids and pics.

25. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

Wow!!! This looks like a great time. I was out that way in 1995 and loved the area. You guys know how to have fun. Thanks for taking the time to share the photos. I enjoyed them.

26. I thought I would bring this back to the top for anyone that hadn't seen this thread and is SICK of winter. WINTER SUCKS!!! This is the best cure those "winter blues" because spring is coming and we will be done with winter soon - I hope! I can't wait to get back on the road and we are going to do the Lake Area Roadster's Reliability Run again this May. Since you guys out east are getting hit again with another blizzard, take the drive with us through the Black Hills and forget about winter for awhile!

27. Cheer up Jerry! You still moving south?

28. Just as soon as we can sell our house!! And it can't come soon enough after this winter. Your weather has been a bit warmer this winter but we both have had plenty of snow. Just going through this thread and Megan's LARS thread put me right back in the drivers seat with a smile on my face!

29. 6inarow

6inarow

can I join in this year??

30. Yes, the pictures made me want to head out NOW! Will end up in the Park this weekend, my folks live west of there.