Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Labarron Bonney gone now what???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Materguru, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Materguru

Materguru

I restore an old car or two and i was putting off needing at least the cards or panels for a 1932 Ford Cabriolet. im putting my own version of material in but they were going to be my "go to" for the panels to upholster. All i see out there now is Cartouche and dont know much about it and they seem limited as to what you can get. Is there anyway to still get anything from LB or can anyone suggest a better alternative for me now. Thanks in advance. Please just give me you ideas on how to solve this
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. flatford39

flatford39

I have heard good things about a company called Classtique??? Can't vouch for them but maybe someone else will chime in.
    I have never heard anything good about cartouche.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

You'd think someone would take over their line(s). I sure hope so.

4. upspirate

upspirate

What are you wanting? The panels to cover, or the upholstery covering?

5. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

If all you need are the backing panels, you can make them yourself out of hair Cell ABS plastic 1/8" thick. I have been doing it for years. It can be cut with good scissors, angles bent into it with a brake, and glued with ABS glue. A 4 by 8 sheet can be had for under $50 if you look around on Ebay.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Isn't Mac's a Hoffman company? Warning, defcon 5!

Nostrebor likes this.
  7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

You can also get it at the depot. The abs that is.

8. Crayons

Crayons

Ewww....not Hoffman. Owned by Ecklers. I believe Ecklers was a Corvette supplier out of Rock Island.They now are a giant in the restoration supply.

JeffB2 likes this.
  9. goldmountain

goldmountain

I bought my headliner from Classtique. Still haven't installed it yet but they did ship it on time.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Materguru

Materguru

the panels to cover. i have my own theme so to say. but need the cards to cover. Macs has rumble area but there was much more beside the seat and the kick panel area not to mention the door

upspirate likes this.
  11. Materguru

Materguru

by the way need a good chicken tract firewall. i have had a few of the old masters in the biz tell me where to go but never wrote it down and now one cant be reached...Hey David G where to go for one?

12. town sedan

town sedan

Not quite as bad as Hoffman, but they're trying.
    -Dave

X38, Tman, Nostrebor and 9 others like this.
  13. As mentioned it's not that hard to make your own. A good tip I learned is go to the fabric store and buy some cheap clear vinyl and use it for patterns. You can see and mark all of the mounting holes on it with a sharpie and then transfer them over your panel.

14. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Mac’s
    Over the last 8 months I’ve placed 4 orders from Mac’s and have been pleased with fairly quick delivery. 3 times they had the parts I needed when Drakes didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

16. Materguru

Materguru

I have pretty much all need EXCEPT the rubber front top header seal. Anyone know where to get one? Drake or Carpenters' used to carry it but now NO. please help. BTW, the stuff that MAC'S uses is not LB. I too long for another LB. Lastly, I have to say the person over the upholstery dept. is very good meaning. He is a nice guy but they have different stuff and QC than LB.