Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster show 2013 roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, May 3, 2013.

1. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Neal, missed you at your swap space, saw Paul and Mark. Just wondered how the four door did on your drive down from Atascadero? We looked for you in the fast lane on the 101, but didn't see you, Steve

2. dblgun

dblgun

3. dblgun

dblgun

4. dblgun

dblgun

5. dblgun

dblgun

6. dblgun

dblgun

7. dblgun

dblgun

8. dblgun

dblgun

9. dblgun

dblgun

10. dblgun

dblgun

11. kiwi1967

kiwi1967

Sitting in LAX waiting to go back to denver.... All i can say is wow!... Got in thursday went straight to the peterson museum then a great open house at tommy sparks home and met david steel and some other great people... Friday was spent at the so cal speedshop open house and waldens then back to burbank for bobs bigboy to check out the drive in... Sat was 7:00am to 4:00pm full on at the swap meet... And met some of the boys from the burbank choppers... Vern is a cool dude!... Today we went back for more but my feet crapped out around 11am so we finished with a concourse de bullshit in beverly hills and was glad it wasn't just European stuff... The chicks were pretty easy on the eye too! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371437146.424585.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371437175.085810.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Did the swap thing on Friday and Saturday (got there Thursday night) then came back on Sunday in the '37 to see the other side of the show.
    THANKS to all the HAMBers that came by and said Howdy! And especially to those that bought some of our junk!

13. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

My son and I went Sunday. Looked like attendance was up from the last couple of years. My Dad and I used to go in the '70's when it was at the Great Western Exhibit Center and always looked forward to spending Fathers Day together. My son and I go these days and equally look forward to it. Then he buys me lunch at La Paloma. Great day, great family tradition.

14. It was another great roadster show again this year. The new lay out is a little wierd to get used too but overall was not bad. The swap on sunday was like a ghost town compared to saturday. I sold alot but came home with few new parts as well. Can't wait for next year.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn that was fun!

16. Hey - you didn't stop by !!! :(

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I didn't see ya! Where were you?

18. What, how could you not see us? we were in the swap meet selling old car shit, I had on Levi's and a black T Shirt :D
    OK, as I mentioned in the post before the show, we had my motorhome there with a big EZ Up with Doug's Headers on it! Sorry I missed ya man. ;)

19. I remember that EZ up! I was selling also, but didn't have much time to really look for the small gems. I was moving pretty fast, but I distinctly remember your EZ-up and where you guys were located.

We were behind the "far tree" next to Eastwood and Barakat. I sold more stuff when I was unloading than I did the rest of the day. Can't wait for next year!

20. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Was any one around when the military fired off that howitzer cannon on sunday? I was walking the swap meet and just about s*&t myself, Dang them things are LOUD. It set off car alarms in the parking lot. Great show, Looking forward to next years 50th.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Went to a Harley get together one time to buy a Sportster fork from a guy that described himself as "the wearing the black T-shirt and jeans..." clearly missed the joke!

Truth be told I spent most of the weekend at the Industrial Chassis/HotRodRon swap/booth space in the crosswise rows kissing hands and shaking babies... Met a damn cool bunch of fellow H.A.M.B.ers, too. Truth be told, I don't believe I ever really made it through the whole swap this weekend. I kept stopping and doing the social butterfly thing.

22. desertdroog

desertdroog

It was a fun trip, first time since they reconfigured the layout.

The swap the Fairplex, Walden's and SoCal seemed to be a bit smaller, at least regarding the crowds walking in the swap area.

Hey check it out, it could look as awesome as this 48 as seen at SoCal's open house.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The guy who owned it and I talked at length regarding his beater project turned into something pretty cool.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  23. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

This my first time out there. Loved it. Definitely plan to get out there again next year for the 50th.

24. Lil32

Lil32

Yes, we were there,sure was loud and smokey. We were worried about the cannon ball coming down and hitting us (ha ha) god to see the young kids from Chino in their military uniforms walking around. We are booked for next year the big 50.

25. No, but I saw it drive by to be dropped off.

Attached Files:

• 045.JPG
      045.JPG
      File size:
      408.9 KB
      Views:
  26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My first reaction was "that's not good"... Then it fired again!

27. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

Man that whole thing was awesome. I liked the cracklefest the best on Saturday but the swap meet and car corral were lots of fun too. "The painted bodies and complete interiors only" cars on display in the building---not so much. Seemed like a whole bunch of ROWG's cars there.

28. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Speaking of junk ,,, thanks again for making mine go away !!

29. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I was in the swap with a bunch of old gas signs. Those things sold like mad. Sold everything I brought except my 7up cooler! Scored a bunch of trim for my 54, as well as some nice hubcaps. Great time as always.

30. What an awesome show

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!