Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster show 2013 roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, May 3, 2013.

1. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

I'm flying in on the 5th from the middle east and heading out in the coupe on the 8th to the BBQ at Don's in OK. Let's Go Greybeards 2013. 24 day's to go before wheels up. Can't think of a better 2 weeks to hang out with friends and the wife cruising across the country with a bunch of hotrods to a killer show.

2. Hey Buzz,
    It's a 8 1/2 hr drive from Corpus 2 my place, ya better leave REAL early if ya wanna have ribs and stuff.
    Most of the group is pullin in late on the 7th or early on the 8th.
    Chowin down around 3 pm on the 8th.

3. Got a spot at the KOA across the street. Looking forward to it!

4. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Don't worry Don well be leavin early. I have a good jump already as I will be pullin out of San Antone instead of Corpus so just a 6 hour hall. Visiting with daughter and grandkids for a bit before we pull out. Don't have time for no jet lag on this one.

5. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Looking forward to visiting my son for Fathers day, attending LA Roadster show and having dinner at Lawreys (BEST PRIME RIB IN THE WORLD )

6. Lookin 4ward to seein ya again Buzz.
    Keep the shiny side up and DTPOOI.

7. We'll be truckin' down there on Thursday... I am planning on driving my Model A...

Sam

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

We'll be doing our usual Saturday there. :cool:

9. Where does everybody stay for the show?
    We're at the Howard Johnson in Claremont - any other Hambers gonna' be there?

Bear:)

10. Firefly

Firefly

Crikey......will there be anyone left in Palmy ?? Make sure you got plenty of 'coldies' you never who might drop by! :D

11. 22 days until the 3rd Annual Great Greybeard Adventure BBQ,
    then all pullin outta OK headed west on the 9th.

12. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

There is not a better way to spend Father's Day with my dad rippin down 395 in our hot rods with the rest of the Peckerheads!!! This will be our 7th year, and is one of our favorite shows to go to. Like always we'll be parked in the swap area, hopefully by our pals from Deluxe Speed Shop having a good time, drinkin beer, and getting a sunburn. Im getting married the weekend after, so I'll have a bunch of good parts for sale like SW crescent gauges/panels, Edmunds for Cad, and Olds, and lots of other cool hot rod and speed parts too. Time to dust off the ol roadster and get things ready- counting down the days!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mike

Mike

I sold one of my machines, so I will be able to go this year

14. surf city asked:

Where does everybody stay for the show?
    We're at the Howard Johnson in Claremont - any other Hambers gonna' be there?

Just made reservations in Montclair Ontario Inns.
    If the roadster makes it I'll be there lookin fer Bad Bobs shady tent.
    I might have to rattle can the fender to get in free as they are still in primer.

15. 34cpe5w

34cpe5w
    1. 34 Fords

Dad & I will be there swapping '32-'40 Ford parts.

16. Davyj

Davyj

Headed in from Niagara Falls, will be with the Greybeards arriving on Wednesday, Anyone there early, we will all be at the In-N-Out burger cruise night on Thursday in San Dimas. Drove out last year in the wife's 38 Chevy. What a great adventure, this year will hook up with some of the Australian crowd and bum rides with my Greybeard buddies. Looking forward to a great 4 days in LA. From getting up at )-dark thirty to get in line, to watching the cacklefest and walking the swap meet.............not to mention the vendor alley and all the cars, sure is a great time!

Attached Files:

17. Hey Guys , we will be there , Flying in this week for Santa Maria and then cruising around the country in a camper and then heading back to LA Roadster show before we fly home , will be into LA on the Thursday before so we can do So-Cal , Waldens , etc like last time in 2010 , will try to look a few of you guys up in the swap area !!,

Cheers

18. kiwi1967

kiwi1967

Me and a couple of mates are coming in from Colorado on the 13th and are staying in Burbank at the tangerine motel a couple of blocks from bobs big boy.... It would be cool to catch up with some kiwis for a pint or five!.... One of my mates lived in LA for a few years and has some cool places lined up for us to go see.... Like an Air Force surplus store for crap I can't live without when I go there!

19. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

I need to give Henry Ford Roadster a bath and get it ready to sell at the LA Roadster show see me in the swap area

Attached Files:

20. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

I'll be there Saturday with my mobility scooter at the eastwood&barakat crowd in the swap area!

21. I'll be there hangin' with these other Peckerheads. Can't wait. Should be a be a good one. Look for us and stop in and say howdy.

Attached Files:

22. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

23. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I plan to sell at the swap Friday and Saturday but will need someone to buy an extra ticket for me since I can't get there until Friday around 9am.
    I'd be happy to pay extra for the service.

24. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

looking forward to it!!

25. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Swap meet or dealers area?

26. The Greybeards will be pullin in Wednesday afternoon.
    A group from all over the states hookin up in Oklahoma to cruise out together

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  27. Jeff J

Jeff J

Verooomm!

Attached Files:

28. Lil32

Lil32

We fly out 31st May, looking forward to meeting up with DavyJ and the Greybeard Tour at Red Roof. We will be arriving back from Monument Valley on the Wed. Hope Alan Davey makes it OK. DavyJ you look after him from the Airport as he will think he is in Heaven

Noel & Elaine