Register now to get rid of these ads!

LA Quake - 5.8 magnitude

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe Riot, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

I just heard the news. For all you SoCal folks on here. I hope everything is ok, and everyone is safe. I heard it was a good 10 secs of shake and roll?

2. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Damn I missed it! I am in Irvine by UCI and drove through it, didn't feel a thing.

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

We live about ten miles to the north, northeast and it's really interesting sitting in the house and watching stuff move that doesn't normally move. Seems like half the doors and drawers in the house opened or moved.

Everything is OK.......Shaken, not stirred.:D

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I live less than 5 miles from the epicenter, felt it pretty good, had a power outage for about an hour, luckily no damage. There is actually another thread on this also already if you dont know.
    Thanks for your concerns

5. I jumped in my 55 Pontiac in front of my house about to drive to lunch and it felt like I jumped into a softly suspended car with no shocks. At 1st I thought I broke a shock mount, but it kept going. Then, I thought one of my neighbor kids was pushing on the back bumper. It's epicenter's near Bad Bob I think. Bob, did it knock a flame off the Merc?

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

"SoCal - Home of Rock and Roll"

7. Felt it here in Ramona/north east san diego county...hope all is well at the epicenter

8. RUDOG

RUDOG

Yea, Yea, yea...it was just another quake in Southern California. But the best thing happened that was cool of my Girlfriend EmilyBelle was!... She calls my work & the first thing outta her mouth was: " The Coupe is fine, Nothing fell on it..." I love that! she cares about my car!!...

Hope nothing fell on anyones anything...

9. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Was real bad here in Pomona

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I was sitting at a traffic light in my shoebox, on my way to lunch. The car started shaking in a very strange way -- didn't really feel like a rough idle, it was more like a car being buffeted in a windstorm, but there was no wind. I was really puzzled about what could be causing it.

It wasn't until a couple of hours later that a neighbor said something about rock 'n rollin', and I put it together...