Register now to get rid of these ads!

l-tec 250hf tig welder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by painterdude1, May 26, 2013.

1. painterdude1

painterdude1
    from michigan

Just picked up a l-tec 250hf tig. Anyone happen to have one and have a manual I could get a copy of? Thanks Don
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vpd

vpd

I don't have a manual, but I know those are great machines. I'd say its about early 90s vintage and I believe those were made by Esab for L-tec. What questions do you have about the machine? Maybe I could help you. Did you get the torch, remote pedal, or water cooler for it? I have 3 different welding machine and don't have a manual for any. There not that hard to figureout.

3. painterdude1

painterdude1
    from michigan

I dont really need one I just like to have one.But I did find one on Esabs site in there archives wasnt listed under the model number just stummbled across it.It is complete with torch ,miller cooler 1a,t and tank. Have you ever needed to repair one ,just wondering how hard it would be to get parts?

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I have the same machine and sold hundreds of them back when I was in welding sales. The machine was originally built by Linde (Union Carbide). They split off the Company into two groups, the gas division and hard goods division. When they split they renamed the welding hard goods L-Tec. I have the same machine with the Linde Logo on it. I believe that after a few years of L-Tec the company was sold to and absorbed by Esab who was a big welding machine MFG. in Europe. They have since become one of the major players here in the states.

I use mine everyday and Love the old thing. Never a single problem with it and it works flawlessly. Check the high freq point gap once in a while and you should be golden. Im sure I have a manual somewhere but haven't a clue where its at. If I should find it I will copy it and shoot ya a copy. Another thought is to check with the welder repair facility in your area. Good chance they have them available still. Enjoy the new to you toy!

look under Linde heliarc 250 hf.
    http://www.gobookee.net/linde-heliarc-250-hf-manual/