Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kzoo swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jake//NC\\Mi, Feb 4, 2005.

1. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

does anybody know what time the doors open on saturday?

2. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

I don't know when the official opening time is,but last year I was able to get in at 7:00.

3. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

Well,I made it to the swap today.This swap is put on by an antiquer group,so there is always alot of early stuff.Some of the better buys I saw were an Offy SBC 3 deuce intake with 97's,linkage and fuel line for $550.00,set of guide headlights with turn signals for $100.00,a clean '71 Vega station wagon for $750.0...just kidding,lol.The neatest thing there was a project roadster built by a guy about 70 years old.It ised alot of model T parts like the axle,rear end,banger motor and the coolest part was the hand made aluminum body.It was a 2 passenger boat tail speedster that resembled an early Indy car of late 20's early 30's vintage.The car had '28-'29 T wires on it and a nice set of genuine E&J headlights....this and a ton of parts,which looked like enough to complete it for $3500.00.Probably the bargain of the year.The man was a true craftsman,the body was superb,and the chassis work was very well done,even had the steering column mounted and working with a really neat old timey steering wheel.Of course I forgot my camera,so only a good imagination will know what it looked like.For those of you who live close and didn't go,you should make it next year.It is billed as the largest swap meet in west Michigan,and was packed.There were more cars in the parking lot today than they get for the NSRA show there.