Register now to get rid of these ads!

kyana swap meet whos goin? march 26-27

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hartmen, Mar 20, 2011.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

I was planning on going.....

Now, not so much :)

Rich

2. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

See you all there tomorrow. leaving Cincy at 6am. Don't buy at all if I get there late.

3. hot rust

hot rust

headed out tonight @ 12:00am. see you guys tomorrow.

4. We'll be showing up tomorrow morning with a van full of ROD KINGS.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Just got back from there.. Not much old stuff.. Bought a few things.. Probably won't go next year.. Well maybe..........

6. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

was the any 39-46 chevy/gmc parts?thanks

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

$8 to park, $10 to get in, I bought 6 boxes of girl scout cookies for the old lady but I did meet up with some old friends from out of state, so the day was priceless

8. barney rubble

barney rubble

Just got back. Got my jack stands I went to buy from the rotissare guy. I dont ever expect to buy much parts wise when I'm there I'm a Ford & Mopar guy. Really didn't go looking for anything but the stands. Did pick up a couple of hand tools here & there that where priced cheap. Went to Famous Daves barbque after and loaded up. So it was a great day. If I wasnt there I would have been at work.

9. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Lots of dealers pushing new "made in Taiwan" stuff. Not too bad though.

10. barney rubble

barney rubble

It seamed to me like I seen more people than normal advertising stuff made in USA. Some of it even had me wondering if it actually was. I'm afraid the made in Tiawan stuff will always be around more than we want to pubilically say.

I work in a old parts store that has fought for years (75 this year) to try and push more quality over price but it gets to a point in todays world where you just have to throw up your hands and give in.

To many people today only look at the initial price something cost and dont give a rats ass about how long it last or who made it.

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

No I am not driving in reverse,3 hours there and 3 hours back makes it a long day and worse if nothing is found. I am seriously thinking about quit attending all the somewhat local swapmeets and just attend Hershey or Carlisle.

12. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Picked up a few odds and ends,,,,,,,,, Huge crowd as compared to last year . Seemed to me anyway.

13. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Picked up some '51-52 Stewart Warner wings gauges, '54 big block gauges and a couple '33-34 spoon pedals. Not bad.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  14. kts65ss

kts65ss
    from Kentucky

I enjoyed today, saw a few people I knew and a lot of interesting items. I found the trans I was looking for but decided not to buy it today, the guy lives close and had more parts to sell me at home. My BF is kicking himself for not buying the used plasma cutter we saw.

15. Tacson

Tacson

I bought an auxillary fuse block, some heat shrink tubing, wire ties, 2 subscriptions for ROd and Custom and Street Rodder, and scored a used Ron Francis wiring harness for $25. I gave the harness to a buddy here who completely lost his 35 year collection of F100 parts along with 4 buddies projects in a Barn fire Friday morning :(. Turnout looked strong at the meet although

16. hot rust

hot rust

good swap meet in my opinion, looked to be a really good turnout . this is my 2nd year and will go back. picked up a vintage gear oil dispenser i'd been looking for to add to my collection. buddy that was with me picked up some sheetmetal for his 39 sedan, and my son picked up a steering wheel for the fiberglass dune buggy he's going to buy. made some new friends saw some old ones too. that alone made the trip worthwhile.

17. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

huge turnout. made some money. bought another car! 47 plymouth. bought parts i needed for current project. more than happy. some people were rude tough....friend of mine got shoved onto the ground. there is always one in the crowd who is a jackass. anyways not much of the older model a 's and such. more 60's parts than anything. i bought 4 spaces for next year already.....

now im getting ready for beach bend in july.

18. papastoyss

papastoyss

What's going on there in July besides heat & humidity?

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

NSRA Streetrod Nationals the first week in August.

20. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

there is going to be drag racing, car show and swap meet. at beach bend. some guy was passing out flyers/.