Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustoms.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. loogy

loogy

The only thing Photoshoped in that picture is the skirts. Here's another picture of it.

[​IMG]

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I understand about wheel shapes in stretch pictures, and long side trim, and even chopped tops. I'm still amazed at how long and tapered the sedan looks compared to my Victoria.

Attached Files:

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Yes,Chris is right.Thanks for posting that pic by the way !!!

I photoshopped that Ford a while ago and I like that car pretty much too.It simply has THE stance and that makes the whole car.STANCE is the most important thing on a Custom.I never would build a car with bags (maybe in the rear only,maybe...) and many people who run bags get their cars as low as possible and that's a BIG mistake.You can't talk about stance anymore as those cars just lay...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also once photoshopped the Weesner Ford.Well,there isn't any real reason to do that as it is a KNOCK-OUT Custom as is but couldn't resist...I wanted to see that car with slanted B-posts and sidetrim running along the whole body.Also lowered it more but that already may be too much.There wasn't any other way to handle it with photoshop.Sorry for the bad quality pic by the way.Window frames are also not finished and top rear door corner needs to be rounded too...rough pic but you get the picture.

Weez,maybe this pic makes you finally go ahead and lower the rear some more.I know you wanted to do that someday but maybe the time is NOW...

I know,there's a huge difference between playing with the computer and doing real work on cars but I just wanna show what I like,that's all.

4. Ron

Ron

Some of my favs, and a couple of a 56 I took at Lima, Oh. a couple years ago.
    I think I like the Hoskin's car better this way than red and chopped.

Attached Files:

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Never saw it again after Oakland. Caddys arnt easy to pull off. This one Rules!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

wow, my picture taking is getting better then to be confused with a professional.:D sorry the other 2 pics are crappy.

the front has a 54 Chevy bumper and splash pan, 55 Olds headlight rings, Kaiser bumper guard, and a scratch built grill.

Attached Files:

7. brewsir

brewsir

I'll give it a shot...here's pics of a cuople of different paint jubs on my old truck Batfink

Attached Files:

8. brewsir

brewsir

Here's a couple of shots of my old merc 4 dr. The same one thats at Winfields now The fella that bought it is having him finish it.

Attached Files:

9. What headlight rings is that using?

10. KoppaK

KoppaK

Love that car!

11. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I already did a ton of posts from my albums on the "chevy" post, so I thought I'd just take a bunch of shots around the house. I'm a real Kustom fanatic, my life is dedicated to them! Been into it for OVER 25 years, not a newbie!
    Not all of these are mine, about half are, the others I'm building for friends.

The trucks are a long term project that's been stalled, due to technical problems. We''ll be returning to building it after the New Year!
    The 61 Dodge is a car that my old boss John Pazcik was building for a customer, back in the 80's. Never finished, My buddy Vic bought it, and gave it to me to finally finish.
    56 Ford PU, used to belong to Kustom7777, sold to my buddy Stan, who I've done a bunch of bikes for. Now I am building this truck for him. Chopped, Volare clip, Ford 9", and going to be powered by a hopped up 460 Lincoln mill.
    My 55 Olds...poor baby, after years of shuttling me around this country, she's tired, and needing a total re-do. Just collecting dust for now. Former "Barris Pick" car, Sledscene East, 2003.

Attached Files:

12. epinut

epinut

Heres a sweet Chevy conv.

Attached Files:

13. epinut

epinut

How about this Ford...

Attached Files:

14. epinut

epinut

-56 Olds.

15. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

More....
    The purple primed 46 Merc is another custom that my old boss began. This was at the end of his career, and the workmanship is terrible. He really was going downhill when he did this one. I am going to try to correct the rear window, but not going to fix all the bad stuff, there's too much. Vic is going to use it as a driver of sorts. Edmurder's "new" truck is right along side of it, ready to get a new engine Ed himself built. Going to get a body re-do eventually. The chopped 41 Ford coupe behing the Merc is mine. My buddy Rusty bought it of one of the Kustom Knights, and we repaired it mechanically. Now it needs a lot of TLC in the body dept. I am installing a Caddy grill, it also has Stude tails, skirts, molded fenders, 400 SBC.
    The back of the 41, with my 51 Ford PU behind it. Shop truck. Chopped 3 1/2", Mustang 2, REAL hot 327, 4 speed, 12 bolt posi. No air bags, she sits real low as-is!
    My 46 Chevy coupe. Lots of real Kustom stuff going on here. 69 Camaro sub, air bags all around, Monte SS rear, hot rodded 292 straight six power, with 5 speed trans. Chopped, filled quarter windows, 41 Lincoln skirts, molded in, 50 Caddy front bumper, 49 Caddy front bumper on the rear, with tail lights built into the guards. Super modified 50 Chrysler grill, with custom made endpieces, parking lights, and hood molding. Extended door bubbles, hand made trim, splash pans, hood peak, hand made inner wheel wells, and firewall.
    A restoration of a mild custom 55 Ford convertible, Ed Winkleman's, was on the Lead East T shirt last year. He's had it for 18 years.

Attached Files:

16. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

When I first saw "SCRAPE" 37 Lincoln Zephyr I sold my 31A Street Rod and started my Caddy. Kustoms were definatley love at first sight.

Attached Files:

17. Ron

Ron

Flash
    Looks good any more pix?

18. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've got a bunch, but most are detail shots....in construction. I have very few, if any, of the overall car. Don't know why? Here's some. I know I have more, but I spend more time in the shop than on the 'puter, so I don't know when I can post more!

Attached Files:

19. McKee

McKee

Coachcraft Cad

Attached Files:

20. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hey Mark, is the 41 coupe sitting on stock suspension/steering? And if so, what are future plans, Mustang II?

21. Ron

Ron

Thanks, it is looking good. I have not been working on mine for awhile. Been working seven days a week, and had a cold can't seem to get rid of. Anyway there are some pix of it here

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5641858&uid=1436522

22. McKee

McKee

more Coachcraft Cad

Attached Files:

23. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Where is the kopper kart? 41 is my friends car, was in R&C a year or two ago. The '47 was my dad's car in the '60's. Always looking for info on that one...

Attached Files:

24. Join the club. That's one of my all time favorite customs. So low sleek and just plain nasty looking with being fussy and overdone. Someday...

Why'd you cut off Cliff's head? :rolleyes:

25. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Holy Sheep shit that thing is suh-weet. I like the old garage too! Is that a former service station???

26. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[​IMG]

Very cool pic of a very cool Merc owned by a very kind guy !

27. nailhead55

nailhead55

did we forget about dave paras merc! and his work!

Attached Files:

28. nailhead55

nailhead55

forgot one!

Attached Files:

29. ABone312

ABone312

Does anyone know anything on this Ranchero? It was later hit in the rear and turned into a full on wild custom. I remember seeing an article where it was found a few years ago beside a mobile home in a trailer park and was going to be restored. I haven't seen anything on it since then.

30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Chris, the 41 coupe is Harry's dad's old car. Rusty and I put a Mustang 2 up front, with air bags. The rear is a conversion kit, parallel leaf springs, that Harry Sr. did. It sucks. The leaves are so thick, the car has NO suspension travel to it. Might as well have welded the rear to the frame rails! Gonna change that next, before I put it back on the road.