Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustoms.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Any more pics of that one?

2. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Here's Mine

[​IMG]

3 1/2 Chopped top

[​IMG]

Molded Fenders and Running boards

[​IMG]

Folding Padded Top with full headliner

[​IMG]

Lowered 5 inch front - 7 inch rear

[​IMG]

Full Headliner

[​IMG]

Basically stock Dash

[​IMG]

What else but a 350 Chevy...

[​IMG]

Built in 1992 and YES I do still own it...

3. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Well done sir
    that thing is beautiful!

4. Finally went through this entire thread. :)

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

here is mine,hope it fits in here.

Attached Files:

6. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Very Nice Shoebox..... and YES it fits in here...

7. 'Mo

'Mo

Wow! :cool: :)

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Abso-fricken-lutely.:cool:
    Paul

9. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Basically stock shoebox with airbags? Not sure it fits the definition of a kustom, nice car none the less.

10. Absolutely! That ford is sooooooo cool. Nice job sir :)

11. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Saweet!
    I could look at that for hours.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks vagrant,much appreciated.

13. Yeah, I've been a huge fan of your car for a very long time.....Customs are Mild to Wild.......It fits....If you get any more heat about it, just nose the thing and be done with it. The only thing it lacks is decent sized photos of it.....You know, Wallpaper stuff.....Side, Front and Rear 3/4 stuff.....not like you haven't heard it before.....:) Centurion9

14. Now that I've covered Hombres Ruin's car and squared that away.....I'll do you justice.....I contacted you some time ago off Forum, but it needs to be said again.....Your car represents the ideal (for me) of a late '50's style Full Custom....I always liked it, but you just KILLED it with the paint! There's all kinds of room for all kinds of styles....Both of you expressed yourselves flawlessly in my mind......I have an entire File of photos of yours, but none that were shot in a traditional manner.....Your car is so good that it merits more exposure.....anytime you'd like, I'm sure you would please a lot of guys with more coverage of it.....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  15. jerseymike

jerseymike

for more coverage of chopmerc's car, check out the new issue of kustoms illustrated. it's on the cover and a feature. outstanding full custom!

16. Thanks Mike...got it. I wanted some files so I could use them as my Wallpaper......Thanks for the heads up.....

17. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Don't get me wrong, I like Hombres car very much, my comment wasn't intended to be negative..it just doesn't strike me a a kustom, at least by my definition I suppose..but, as you can see, my definition is on the extreme end of the spectrum, and you just don't see many people build them this way all that much anymore..although, more recently, guys like Jerseymike and chicagoslackers are giving the radical kustom faction some hope with their awesome builds..

And, centurian, thank you for the compliment..I'm very proud of the final product that my car has become, I put a lot of thought into the final look, and I achieved it 100%. I wanted to build something that people would look at and not be sure if it were built yesterday or 50 years ago. I'm glad you like it....

18. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

19. sdl

sdl
    from pa

mildley wild

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
  20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Sorry man, your posting on the wrong thread. Read the rest of it and see if you can figure out why.
    Paul

21. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thats a beautiful shot. It would make a great poster for the garage.:D

22. falfas55

falfas55

Does anyone on here know who owns a kustom 57 Chevy called A H int of Mint? I really like that car. I was thinking maybe from around Oklahoma or Texas. Thanks

23. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

That car is now owned by Roger Jeter of Denver. It was originally "The Black Rose" and was built in Milwaukee by Don Gadjoz (sp) at his upholstery shop on Becher street in the early 60's. The shop name was Don Jean's Upholstery. I had a small part in the build, mostly sanding and other minor stuff.

The car ended up somehow in Denver on a used car lot. Roger bought it and redid it in his own style and drive the wheels off of it.

The engine was a small block chevy with a 6/71 blower and either 6 or 8 strombergs on it. It was all plumbed even down to clear fuel linse so that you could see the gas going to the carbs. What wasn't generally know however all of that gas ran into a fuel block under the blower and then to a four barrell carb. It fooled a lot of folks for a time though. Addording to Roger that motor is still in the basement of the former owner in Denver and he won't part with it. I sure would like to see it though as a 73 year old memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

Roger is on here as "40StudeDude", you can PM him for more info.

B:DB

24. Philbilly

Philbilly

That is one bad ass shoebox!

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks phil, it was alot of hard work but well worth it. Glad you liked it

26. autobilly

autobilly

Like a hand in a glove I'd say! Did you ever use the vintage Ford key fob you won at auction on here a couple of years ago?

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks autobilly,you know the ford key fob is attached to the shoebox keys.I get alot of people asking me about it,people cant believe that its original

28. Greezeball

Greezeball

Here's a couple of mine after getting some more work at LG Kustoms last year. Frenched 52 Merc headlights, 55 Chevy tail lights in extended quarters and a filled gas door and filler relocate.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  29. Greezeball

Greezeball

Hahahaha! Paul your a gas man!

30. autobilly

autobilly

Cool, it deserves the honour of adorning the key of such a smooth machine.:)