Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustoms........Gladiators?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, May 1, 2009.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

And no, I'm not talkin' faggot shower sceens, either!

I'm talking 'bout kustom wheel covers, hub caps, wheel discs, ya know nave plates- Am I correct in calling the covers on the Moon Glow as "Gladiators" ? Did someone sell these made up, or were they built from parts? Of the pictures I've seen, they look like they started as early Olds caps. Anyone know or have a set?

Thanx,
    Swankey Devils C.C.
    " Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

2. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

WTF??? haha i doubt anyone would have even brought anything like that up

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

B.T.T.T.

Thanx

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

She was none too healthy looking, but all in all the cannibal headhunter was.........

5. Are they called Gladiators because all the spinner blades look like the chariot in Ben Hur? That what you mean, Rex?

6. sounds like he's talking about the emblems on the 57 dodge lancers, I'm not sure about the faggot shower thing, I think he's revealing his private side

7. (cue '70s pr0n music here...!) LOL!

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Chili, I was once at a show where some kustom cats were talking about Steck's "MoonGlow". One of 'um said that that was the first use of "Glagiators" on a kustom. I'd seen some old photos of Mercs and maybe some GMs from the pre 1959 era runnin' Olds covers with extra blades, Gladiators? Not "Lancers", however!

As for the faggot/gladiator shower reference......bad pun from the movie "Airport", and gladiator movies. As far as my private side, me and the lezbo up the block got a lot in common, we're both queer for cameltoe!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

9. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I think those are Gladiators you are talking about with the extra blades on the fiestas. I think they were also used before moonglow. I think they where referenced in one of the Barris books or maybe it was the Pat Ganahl book.