Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kustoms blues? I need to see some kustoms....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by straykatkustoms, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Stebo27, 1947knuck, OneBad56 and 11 others like this.
  2. rudestude

rudestude

Well I'm going to cut in for a moment...hate to cuz Moriarity you got some damn Kool pic's going on but I just come up with some new little pages today and I haven't even looked at them yet so I am going flip through them for the first time I will post as I go...just the feature cars...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. rudestude

rudestude

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Come on Dave, you can`t be taller than Curt. Remember, his wife is short. The seats are altered for him. At least I know in some of his vehicles.

Sancho, 54delray, drdave and 3 others like this.
  5. rudestude

rudestude

I also dream that dream, except in my dream I own the truck, actually my dreams started back when I first saw a story on the the towing accident and at the time the location of the truck was unknown my dream was finding the forgotten truck in a old garage and of having it given to me of course...then I started collecting any thing I could get my hands on that was printed about the truck then it was found and brought back ,oh glory days, then and I still collect what ever I can on the truck in fact one of my most prized possessions is my copy of The Saga of Spencer Murray's Dream Truck signed by Spencer Murray him self and my bucket list included being able to see the truck in person let alone ride in it but years back alot of my magazine's including most of the ones with something about the dream truck in them where lost in a broken pipe flooding and my bucket is so full of holes I don't think getting up and personal with the truck will ever happen but I still have my book and just today I got my hands on some old Little Pages and a couple of them have some stuff on the Dream Truck..glory days or atleast a new dream booster anyways....long live the Dream Truck....[​IMG][​IMG]

6. rudestude

rudestude

Number three ...this one wasn't included in the first count it was still in my car just found it....bonus it has stuff on the Dream Truck....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. rudestude

rudestude

Number four...this one includes a bit that includes the Dream Truck plus a feature on a 54 Chevy that has always been a favorite of mine I like the way it's set up for show and drag racing and it has the same induction system that my dad's old Chevy had and the one that I am now building...in fact when I bought my Corvette manifold the old guy told me it was off of a old Kustom Chevy that was popular in the Portland Oregon area back in the day and this car was from Portland and I'm down river from Portland...anyone know what ever happened to this car is still out there?..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. rudestude

rudestude

9. rudestude

rudestude

10. rudestude

rudestude

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. loudbang

loudbang

This gold merc gets my motor running

[​IMG]

15. Sorry @chryslerfan55. Drawing a blank on this one. I'll keep my eyes open and if I find more information I'll post it up. E

f8c5f89d84186137b7fc3c317cbc48c0.jpg

This wagon that @rudestude posted is a new one on me. I love it! The toughest thing about building a car like this one today would be finding a useable two door '57 wagon that didn't cost a mint. Lots of great mild custom tricks that wouldn't be hard or expensive to do. The subtle changes on it have made it into a great and unforgettable custom!
    As I look through all these cool images that @rudestude scanned out of those great little books it got me to thinkin'. Back in the hey day of customs all the way to the mid 60s when the muscle car killed the custom, there were literally hundreds and hundreds of customs built. Not all of them were famous, and only a small percentage made it into magazines. There were customs being built all over the country. This makes me think that there still has to be quite a few customs out there to be found. They might not be an iconic Barris or Hines built car, but are still cool and need to be saved. It makes you wonder how many might be around your own neighborhood. I walk a few miles for my health every evening. I can name a half a dozen garages around here that look "deserted" and never have any activity around them. Makes you wonder what might be resting inside..........E

16. loudbang

loudbang

17. rudestude

rudestude

18. rudestude

rudestude

19. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

Thanks for posting the pictures from the old magazines,I was happy to see the article about my good friend Ted Shaum's 59 ranchero, He has built many beautiful cars in his lifetime.He even had a national record holder 57 chevy juniorstocker.Thanks rudestude.

loudbang, OG lil E, Sancho and 5 others like this.
  20. Say E, I know this picture is a tad blurry but I hope the info on the sign helps [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. akustom57

akustom57

Saved this one, been in a garage since mid 60s[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So are you gonna bring 4 cars to Indy next year.

drdave, loudbang, 54delray and 3 others like this.
  23. akustom57

akustom57

Should have at least 3, just not sure which ones..my lil brother is in process of getting his 54 olds customized

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Ooof! Be still my heart.I'd love to see more pics of this '51.

25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

What 51, I was looking hard at the car to the left.

26. uncleo

uncleo

The latest rudestude posting contains some pictures of the Don Von Dwingelo 56 T-Bird.
    Funny thing that very car was included in the topic of discussion when I met with my long time
    friend Bill Nemeck and East Coast Rod and Custom Historian Ray Soff along with my nephew
    Benito at a Roselle Park Burger King this past Sunday to shoot the breeze and look through Rays
    East Coast related custom car pictures and car show programs going back to the early 60's.
    Good memories.....and to my surprise there was even a picture of Carl Kleins 53 Candy Apple Red
    Chevy powered Studebaker displaying one of our 60's era Long Branch car club plaques!
    Thank you.
    Lee

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Stebo27, 1947knuck, Too Tall and 16 others like this.
  28. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER