Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kustoms blues? I need to see some kustoms....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by straykatkustoms, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Wow, that's the old Posie's Ford. Hadn't seen pictures of it in years. I've always wondered where it went. Hate to say it, but I like the yellow version better. E

ScottPaveyPhoto007-vi.jpg

ScottPaveyPhoto008-vi.jpg

2. Me too.

Other than paint, top color, and wheels; the mirrors have been moved, the spots are gone, the wipers are gone and so are the exhaust tips out the rear.

drdave, loudbang, 54delray and 2 others like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I saw it a few years ago at the turkey run in Daytona Fl. It was still yellow then. I agree with Ed, I like the yellow version better. I think it may be the black top that hurts it the most

4. I agree. I don't like the forward rake stance or the black top much at all. Wheels could be fixed with a couple of hub caps.

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree like the yellow version better. I'm not a yellow fan at all but Posies version was so kool I would drive it as is. Kool that it is still around.

Stebo27, Bowtie Coupe, drdave and 7 others like this.
  6. I am not a bright yellow fan either but I think this car was just so iconic for the time period that it's hard to imagine it any other way. It's like repainting the Hirohata, oh wait they did that as well at one point o_O:D

drdave, loudbang, gonmad and 5 others like this.
  7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The Posie`s Ford is one of my top 10 customs of all time. I saw it in Des Moines in 82, where the photos were taken. The car stood out from the rest. In a class of all it`s own. Remember, Posie`s built it. How many cars can you say that you like that are built by him. Here are a couple with a dark blue top. The photo`s were taken at a Goodguys event in Des Moines in the 90`s. And didn`t it transition to a peach in color before the color Scan0429.jpg it is now.

Stebo27, Bowtie Coupe, drdave and 7 others like this.
  9. IMO, it sits to low in the front.

lurker mick and stanlow69 like this.
  10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I keep looking at all these beautiful pictures Moriarity posts of his cars and I wonder "Does he ever eat at home?":)

11. Hey Jim, the Posie's car was peach? Are you sure you're not thinking of this Ford? Lots of similarities to the Posie's car.

20160522164431_00002.jpg

20160522164431_00003.jpg

I posted this story a while back in this thread about this peach custom..........

This sled is a goer. I can't remember which show we were going to, or if we were on our way home, but we were clipping along at about 70. When we caravan to a show, we always ride in the "slow lane" and I'm always in the back. I like to see the line of cars ahead of me, and I drive a little slower than everyone else so I can gawk and check out the sights on the road.
    Anyway, coming up on my left in the distance I could see a tiny bright colored car. As the car got closer, I could see it was the "peach sled". At that time it was mostly peach, but it had alot of the body covered in ruddy brown primer. It caught up to me in no time and pulled up along side. The driver smiled and gave me a thumbs up, tooted the horn and off he went. I watched as he pulled up to each car in our group, slowed and went on. He eventually passed all of us and disappeared in the distance ahead.
    On our next gas stop we all were talking about the car. He did the smile, thumbs up and horn honk to each of us. Seemed like a nice guy.
    That car must run 90 or 100 all day long. He left us way behind and we never saw him again! E

12. Maybe by today's standards it is a little too low up front. It isn't a true taildragger for sure. You have to remember though, that not many real early taildragger style cars were being built in the 80s.
    Also, I'm assuming that since Posie was manufacturing and selling many suspension components at that time that he wanted the car low to show what a guy could buy for his own project. E

13. loudbang

loudbang

Funny how many shoeboxes there are as customs. :)

Cotton Woodworth got this as a wrecked convertible saw a hardtop and made this vert into one.

Cotton Woodworth  was a vert until converted 1.JPG

Cotton Woodworth  was a vert until converted 2.JPG

Cotton Woodworth  was a vert until converted 3.JPG

Cotton Woodworth  was a vert until converted 4.JPG

Cotton Woodworth  was a vert until converted.JPG

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stebo27, 1947knuck, koolkemp and 13 others like this.
  15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. loudbang, Sancho and OG lil E like this.
  23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Ed, no--the Posie`s car was peach in color if I remember right. I think it had Florida plates. But I think the peach car you posted was yellow at one time. Follow along and I`ll post some pic`s. Here is the car when it was Scan0435.jpg in primer. I took these pic`s in Salina in the old location.

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Now here are some pic`s of it before the fadeaway fenders and the front end treatment. Still in primer. And a couple pic`s when it was yellow. Look at the white top. And look at the spare tire cover. Could it be the same car. I took that pic in Michigan about in 1990. Look at the rear window treatment. It looks like at one time it was a Posies wanna be. I thought it was Posies car when I first saw it, but it didn`t have a 51 Ford Vicky dash in it. Plus other features didn`t look right. Scan0437.jpg Scan0436.jpg

25. rudestude

rudestude

Did some page flipping earlier... here's some shots of some rides that stood out...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stebo27, Bowtie Coupe, gonmad and 9 others like this.
  26. rudestude

rudestude

Bowtie Coupe, gonmad, drdave and 7 others like this.
  27. rudestude

rudestude

28. rudestude

rudestude

29. rudestude

rudestude

OK ...sorry guys just a few more and will back out and take a brake.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

30. rudestude

rudestude

Here are the pics of my dad's 50 Chevy Bel-Air that I was talking about in a posting I did Three days ago ... I had posted them on a different thread sometime back...as I mentioned then he was not the builder of the car he bought it off a lot in Portland Oregon around 1958-59 then it was crashed in 61 just shortly before I was born .... [​IMG][​IMG]