Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs KUSTOM guys: is there a modern equivilent to KOLOR KHROME??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

remember the spray bomb KOLOR KHROME that barris used to advertise in the little books back in the 50s? is there anyone today that makes an equivalent product in spray bomb form these days?

2. Testor's Candy Apple/transparent model paint is like that. Used to come in red, green, blue and black ("window tint"). I don't know if they still make all of them. Intended for model cars, comes in a 3oz spray can, enamel paint that requires spirits/thinner to clean up.

3. Duplicate color makes a red, blue, purple, green, yellow spray bomb product you spray over a silver base coat

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

duplicolor?.....i'll see if i can find some,,anyone else know of any more options?

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

C'mon, Jim...you've got a spray gun!
    Adhesion promoter, then candy urethane.
    Anything spray bomb probably won't adhere well, or last long.

Sorry I didn't make the Roundup, sounds like you guys had a good time!

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

thanks mark......i'll go that route. was thinking that maybe the spray bomb stuff already had some type of adhesion promoter,,,,,,,you gotta make it down one of these years,,the roundup is great....