Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Like many others, outstanding job on the transformation from ugly stock four door to cool custom. You have made up for fancy tools and shop with hard work and dedication to the project. Keep up the good work!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. vache sacrée !!!!

Does that translate to holy cow ! Correctly?
    Give me a min to catch my breath and ill try to come up with something that hasn't already been said.

3. 60 Belair

60 Belair

looking good keep at it!!

4. Resilience and perseverance come a little short to explain what's going on here, Both are long words too. Here's the word for rattattoie, its grit. Plain and simple. People with this personality trait use obstacles to drive their success beyond what normal folks can accomplish without any. Amazing!

Definition of grit,

Grit is a positive, non-cognitive trait based on an individual's passion for a particular long-term goal or endstate coupled with a powerfulmotivation to achieve their respective objective. This perseverance of effort promotes the overcoming of obstacles or challenges that lie within a gritty individual’s path to accomplishment and serves as a driving force in achievement realization. Commonly associated concepts within the field of psychology include "perseverance,""hardiness," "resilience,” “ambition,” “need for achievement” andconscientiousness. These constructs can be conceptualized as individual differences related to the accomplishment of work rather than latent ability. This distinction was brought into focus in 1907 when William James challenged the field to further investigate how certain individuals are capable of accessing richer trait reservoirs enabling them to accomplish more than the average person,[1] but the construct dates back at least toGalton,[2] and the ideals of persistence and tenacity have been understood as a virtue at least since Aristotle. Although the last decade has seen a noticeable increase in research focused on achievement-oriented traits, there continues to be difficulty in aligning specific traits and outcomes.

5. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Guys, thanks again, i'm really emotional about your great message.

31Vicky with a hemi, thanks again for your definition, call me Gritatouille;);), and "Holly cow" is correctly translate, but doesn't mean nothing if you say "Vache sacrée" in France. If you want exactly translate "Holly cow" in French, say "Ho, la vache!" .....

Today, the floor was to wet, so i can't mount my shock absorber, but the 59 cad tailight are in place, bolt on. The sun is back, pictures soon this week......[​IMG]

6. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Slowly but surely......[​IMG]

7. big57daddy

big57daddy

hi Ratatouille (or Gritatouille, or whatever you are going by now ;))...
    Man, I love seeing your thread pop up on the HAMB and then finding out what amazing new work you have done on your car. Your craftsmanship is incredible! You certainly are very fluent in the international language of "hot-rodding"! I have already learned a great deal from you - please keep up the great work!

cheers,
    Ray

chryslerfan55 and volvobrynk like this.
  8. I am very impressed.
    SPEEDY

9. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys for your support, here, in France, the snow is comming, so, like the past years, i'm work on my car at turtle's speed.
    I need to close the interior, i have order Polycarbonate panels, and all the rubber seal, doors, windshield.....
    I have finish my steering wheel, with a kustom center vintage Quillery parts. I like the results.
    This is the last post for 2014, next news, next year ;-)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    kiwijeff, 1927graham and Hotrodmyk like this.
  10. LOOKING GOOD RATATOUILLE ..... HAPPY NEW YEAR..

11. farmer12

farmer12

Great work, what a change from the original! Well done!

12. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Is that the actual orientation of the steering wheel, or are the wheels turned slightly (making the steering wheel appear upside down)?

13. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

You absolutly right, the steering wheel was mount upside down when i have bought the car, there is a mechanical pin, and i cannot have the steering wheel in the right position.
    Some other 1954 cars have the same original problem, maybe some worker in Renault Manufactury have abuse of a fine whiskey from the USMC Marines base in France after the WW2......;-)
    I must disconect the steering gear box and made an half tour of the steering columm.....but i don't know if i gonna do that, it's not so ugly like this....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  14. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Bravo! Just found your thread and read it all. You are doing a wonderful job and I am enjoying cultural exchange as well.

15. frosty-49

frosty-49

WOW THAT IS AMAZING

16. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

I'm in the plane ;-)
    The sunshine is back, and the color is wonderfull, isn't it? Lamborghini orange is realy a kool kustom paint color.[​IMG]

17. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

The driver side window is in place, and up and down correctly, lets try some chrome handles....[​IMG]

18. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

"Salutation!"

19. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Nice job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  20. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Well, it's the winter, and i work very slowly.....Yesterday, i have received the original windshield rubber seal, a hard find part. Today the sunshine is in the right place to start working, outside, with my cheap tools of course, let's begin the party ;-)

My precious!
    [​IMG]

The dificulty is "how can i mesure the new windshield without windshield!", i have bought polycarbonate (margard lexan), and with a pencil, i have just draw the limit, but it's not easy to have something correct.....

Don't care about the job, the interest of this picture, is the workbench ;-)
    [​IMG]

Laser cut!
    [​IMG]

The problem is that i'm do this alone, and i cannot fit the windshield by myself, i need a friend, or 4 hands ;-).....or a girl from the street....
    [​IMG]

But it's not possible to mount the new windshield, i have cut to large, it's oversize, i must cut again.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it's over for today, the bad weather is come again.....:-(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  21. Torchie

Torchie

Bonne Chance with yor windshield my friend.
    Torchie.

22. Being an ex-autoglass guy, I usually make a template out of cardboard by tracing the opening (cardboard on outside and you on inside). Then add for the windshield gasket for final size. Once you cut out the cardboard template, install the windshield gasket in the opening and hold the template against the gasket. You can probably figure out if your template is correct or close by just eyeballing. You can maybe try fitting the cardboard template inside the gasket to see if it fits. A lot of times the template might be short because of the curved opening and might have to add more to it. So, take your time and adjust until the template is correct. Use the template to cut your existing oversized Lexan.
    You're going to need at least 2 more chicks to install, the Lexan will not be easy to install because of the curve. Good luck, I've noticed you have a good eye for things and the talent to make it happen.

chryslerfan55 and Woogeroo like this.
  23. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Place your new window material over the old glass and put it in an oven on very low....let the new material bend itself over the old glass for the correct contuor.....that is what I did for my back windows of my wagon....love your build....keep up the good job.....stan

24. Bugguts

Bugguts

Wow! Nice job so far. Just found your thread and read the whole thing. Love the color!

25. This is such a cool thread, thank you so much for sharing, really like your workmanship, and of course the color, top notch!!

26. LAROKE

LAROKE

If you can't find the two chicks to help, you might get by using ratchet straps as I did when replacing the windshield in my '55 Chevy pickup truck.

bb101604a.jpg

chryslerfan55, HFKDI and Woogeroo like this.
  27. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks Laroke for your tip, can you fly me your avatar girls?....;-)
    Anyway, alone step by step, inch by inch, my Fregate has a windshield, yeah!
    [​IMG]

28. Awesome.
    Fly them to me when your finished

29. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France