Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

An absolute pleasure following this story. You have done a fantastic job! Congratulations.

Rustridden31 likes this.
  2. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Rat, methinks you had a previous life in Southern California somewhere back in the 50's. The car is waycool.

chryslerfan55 and Hotrodmyk like this.
  3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Whatever you do, don't stop ! Great idea + Great attitude + Plus the will to see it through = One Cool Kustom to Cruise the Champs-Elyees !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

When it is finished, you must take a photo in front of the Arc de Triomphe! I am seriously considering looking for a Renault now.

5. pitman

pitman

Rat, with a color like this one, only you will see the less-than-perfect spots.
    Every one will be dazzled by your vision and determination.
    She turned out looking great!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and slimcat7m3 like this.
  6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, nothing more to say really , just a gob smacked WOW. Absolutely WOW.

7. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys for all your messages.

I have start to chop the wind wing driver side windows, because i don't want to modify with one glass, i wanna keep the original style, more pict to come, and i"m thinking about my scallops work out (draft project).....but stormy weather stop me.....
    [​IMG]

8. Olson

Olson

Excellent! Love your alterations, attitude, and sense of humor. You one wild and crazy guy! :p:D

9. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Ooooo, what color scallops?

10. Very cool, keep up the great work mate!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Bravo!

Ratatouille likes this.
  12. I am going to keep watching
    back yard build with almost nothing
    Looking Good

13. Wow. I just found this thread. You got the proportions nailed...looks like it should have been designed that way all along. Never would think t started out as a Renault. And that color choice...man, that is a real attention getter. Beautiful.
    All that and pretty French women too! You got it made.
    Post up some pics with the French chicks in it when you get it on the road...:):)

14. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I like the scallops as they are.....just the striping looks really good.....but hey.....you've done great so far so whatever you do I'm sure it will work real well.....hopefully I will see the car at the UK super nationals next year

15. 701 Driver

701 Driver

Ratatoulli wow I am so impressed with what you have done with so little, I don't think I will ever complain about my little shed again either.
    your car has the "look" its great and I like the colour so much that I' have decided to paint my truck this shade of orange (tangerine),,,, hot rods got to be bright son hahaha just so no one could possibly miss it on the road
    will continue to follow !

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  16. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Bon manific .....I parl un petite france"....really inpressive and unbelievable for driveway work...great vision and execution .....great attitude !( we need pictures of the chicks too! Especially the ones that inspire ( nice round bumps!)

17. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

"Salutation". Laissez les bons temps rouler.

Cosmo in the '49

18. Sheeeez...........that's a supreme measure of Americana over there in your drive. Astonishing job in its own right, let alone....outside....with limited tools ! Very inspiring sir.

19. KCsledz

KCsledz

Wow! Great job so far.

20. Sir Ratatouille: I can't add to what others have said but yes. you are inspiring and have really "pulled it off". Great job. We'll go ahead and send the best of show trophy. Tim

21. Treganin

Treganin

Salut Mech,
    Tu habitez où en France ? Je suis un Britannique , mais j'ai vécu en Bretagne pendant 9 ans jusqu'à il ya environ 3 ans . C'est assez étonnant ce que tu as accompli avec si peu d'outils et dans un tel laps de temps limité . Je dois aussi travailler à l'extérieur , mais au moins avoir accès à un atelier - même si je ne peux pas obtenir mon camion là-bas , et je redoute l'hiver quand je veux faire un travail sur elle . Bon travail jusqu'à présent et je suis impatient de mises à jour plus rapidement! Allez!

22. VanP

VanP

Amazing job. Amazing color. Can't wait to see the finished product.

23. Like everyone else has already said, good job! The car looks great so far. Very impressed and inspired with what you have done. Can't wait to see it finished.

24. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello everybody, thanks again for your great message. The scallops and the paint job is in progress, plastidip white, some green also, let me keep the surprise, everything will be shown here as one goes alone....the chicks, and the french monuments with my car in action asap, be sure that the thread will be complete as possible.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  25. CANT WAIT TO IT FINISHED

26. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

This will be one smooth creamsicle once done. If you're in the mood to do another Renault after this, I'm sure you could definitely improve on a Caravelle.

27. flynstone

flynstone

first time ive seen this post.. read the whole thing... you my friend killed it....thank you for sharing. you have mad talent......

28. What an amazing build thread! You have done work way beyond remarkable with minimalist tools. I am really hooked on this thread! You have the customizing aesthetics dead on!

29. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Very impressive!!!

30. @Ratatouille -

Great build thread! ... A real enjoyable read! ... Your '54 Renault Fregate Kustom is going to be a Bitchin' Ride! ... Thanks for sharing with the H.A.M.B. community!

PS: Dig your avatar ... Let's just hope @Jive-Bomber Jay doesn't see it and sue for copyright infringement :rolleyes: :D (i.e., Jay is the "CARS" Franchise Guardian at PIXAR).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014