Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

The hammer is in place, and also the floatin grill....
    [​IMG]

2. Very cool! Ratatouille you took a plain vanilla 4 door and turned it into a good looking custom, Outstanding work!

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

^^^^^^All I can say is WOW!!!! You have transformed that moredoor---beautiful work. You're OK, Rat.

4. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

What grill bar did you use?
    Nice project!
    Reminds me a bit of an Volvo Amazon with completely different rear fenders...

Keep up the good work. Remember it's all for the chicks... and yourself! ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

The fuel tank is full of 10 galons (20 liters ...sorry about conversions), an old smelly gasoline, and of course all the tube is blown....it's time to clean all, and repair the rotten floor trunk, hand and knee made of course ;-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For my pleasure, i like to start the engine, to listen the noise (the exhaust and muffler is rebuilt totaly), but something wrong, the engine run on 3 cylinders, damned, all is new, and that made me crazy...after all check ok, i think that it couldn't be the sparkplug, because i'm not a mechanical newbie, they are all new....so i take off the spark for fun to clean them.....and, this is wath we call the French Touch!!!! Champion sucks!
    [​IMG]

6. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks 40fordtudor, Johnnyolds98, the floatin grill is a 1954 chevy rear bumper guard, and the chicks for the passenger seat....:), me? i'm the driver.

7. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Rat, We, here in Southern California refer to your car as being "bitchin" meaning it is very cool. I will take it to the next level and say that it is "Bitchin Cool" meaning it is as cool as it gets. What a journey you have taken and please know that a lot of people are watching your progress and are respecting what you are doing, especially with what you call "limited tools". Using flux cored wire to weld sheet metal takes GREAT skill, patience and finesse with your grinder afterwards and it all looks great. Keep it up, all of us over here are jealous that we wont be scoring with the "French Babes" like you will after your sled is done!

8. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Let's go inside.....
    [​IMG]
    by the way, let me introduce myself, no Facebook friends, but i can take my selfie:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The dash is primer paint.....

9. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Michaelvz51, this thread gonna be bitchin'cool when paint and chicks are combine....at the end of the post?.....please, don't be jealous if the girls are more beatifull than the car:D:D:D:D

You right, for my next car, i must do thing better and diffrent, i'm sorry about my work welding look, i'm suck, but i'm learn all days, and that's because i'm here to share with people like you, you are the in the right way and i must follow you to do more, and more, and more, and beter, beter... with a lot of fun and good vibration....and real tools!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the car in primer.....now, is the moment that i hate, i must check everything, pass a lot of timework to re-done what is not well build (everything in fact!!!!) the car has been waiting like this during 6 months......chicks says "it is not finish yet?", "when did you paint it?" "what color".....i just take her phone number to communicate the answer.....:::::----))))

11. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

About the color? forget your phone numbers, guys, it's always a great question, for this time, and in the mood of my feeling, i love the Lamborghini Orange....with the Yellow and gold effect....so.....i have done all, the preparation of the body too, but i don't want to paint, it's a job that there is no way to do shit, it's the final result of the car, and the only guy who touch my car is the painter, a Calabrese (Italian region), name Salvatore, and his nickmane is cool with my Leadsled.......
    The Arancio Borealis paint need to white base......first accessories
    [​IMG]

12. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

And i'm lucky, this Italian rocksssss....
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  13. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

French car or not. I like what you did. good job Rat!!!

pecker head likes this.
  14. HOLY SHEEEEEEIT! SALUTATIONS are indeed deserved!

15. Your stick-to-it attitude is inspiring! You've done an amazing job so far!

16. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys, just a little detail, the car have never take the road about 40 years, and i wanna drive it to test my Lowrange (;-)), and the first test is to go without glass, light, two tires for my butt, on the road to go to the paint shop, it's totaly illegal in France, but i don't care, i'm an happy fool. What a nice trip.

Salvatore whistle "Just A Gigolo" when he do the paint job, i think it's gonna be allright!
    [​IMG]

17. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

White base, but behind the windows, i see a lot of body trouble, my preparation suck, and i ask to Salvatore that i don't want paint my car wyth all this trouble. He stop, and during one week, i done again again, to have the best result as possible.....
    [​IMG]

18. La plupart des peintres ici ne s'arrêteront pas à cause du pauvre travail de corps.
    Vous avez trouvé un grand peintre.
    Grand travail.

19. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

allll by my siiiide, all by mmmmyself, Celine Dion boring me
    [​IMG]
    and..............

[​IMG]

20. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Merci Rick Garage, oui, une personne qui aime les choses bien faites. (a personn who love rigth thing at right time in a right place, only the results count)

21. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Go back to the street work place......girls want a ticket for a ride!!! But nothing is finish....i must do the interior door panel, floot mat, seat, etc....and i love paneling, watson, scallops.....hum....you follow me?
    [​IMG]
    I take pictures with my phone, and i don't catch the right color in photo, anyway, it's orange pearl, see a Lamborghini:p

22. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

23. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

24. I just found this thread today. What an amazing transformation. Great stuff, you rock !!!

25. Fantastique!

And everything done in such a short time..... maybe you can finish it this night - the fastest build thread on the hamb;)

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wow! Incredible work!

27. Squablow

Squablow

Looking great!

28. Wow! Looks great!

29. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Looks like you have done some good work with very little. Congrats on the progress so far. I love the color!