Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustom City invades the Starbird Show in Wichita

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Jan 4, 2013.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Who says we went to... ok I can't lie of course we went to Stagecoach. I had the pulled pork and the brisket, both were less than stellar, but every other time I've been they've been fantastic.

Here's a new photo of the car. Clint Rowe will be pulling some lines on the new paint live during the show. Can't wait!
    [​IMG]

2. mongo51

mongo51

Micky im a die hard KUSTOM guy that is my love, but it takes all kinds street rods, kustoms and the i hate to say it rat rods to make a show happen. I think the reason we see more street rods at shows is there are more of them out there then good old sckool KUSTOMS. I cant wait to see kustom city will be kool. Congrats on makin the show list. one day my 51 will be nice enough to put in with that special group, then my merc.

3. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

Wish those wanna be Kool kats would let me do their t-shirts.....oh well no lose!

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

???? I'm not aware of any "wanna be kool kats" involved with the Kustom City display.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Custom Rodder, January 96 issue has a kool interview with Dennis McPhail. He explains the importance of the Wichita kustom scene. It is kool that the kustoms that influenced his foundation is the same as mine and many others. I kick myself for not buying the Kustom City print when I had the chance. Atleast I own the magazine with a Kustom City center spread. If ya get a chance pick up a back issue. I have been blessed to have been exposed to the Fundamentals and over the years watching the torch being passed along to McPhail, Jeff Myers, Larry James etc., Kustom City is alive and well.

Below is the article.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry it is kind hard to read. Chek it out on facebook link below.

http://www.facebook.com/mobileprote...000781&set=pcb.321111551333668&type=1&theater

Happy Trails, Mick

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Great piece! Thanks Mickey for posting it and McPhail for writing it. Love pieces like this, Mickey I think you'll dig my blog tomorrow, glad I wrote it before I read this!

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to the BLOG. I thought it was a kool article, because it describes some of my roots with Kustoms.

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I love that piece of art for the same reasons. I just feel so honored that we have the opportunity to hang out with so many of these great folks and their rides.

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Mick ! Good luck with the show...and the weather !

Hope all of you Hambers on the way to Wichita have a GREAT time...and a safe journey home !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I grabbed a couple of quick snapshots of this move-in this morning. I'll have them in a blog post tomorrow morning & after the weekend I'll do a thread here and share more of the photos with everyone!

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is one of my all time highlights being able to park in this line up. I feel a little out of place because I've always looked up to these guys. They have been some of my Kustom role models. yes, Johnny Hammond is a role model. Scary huh..... Can't wait to see he pics.

12. ryno

ryno

looking forward to it

13. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Just so he will get the proper credit, the owner of the coolest 58 Chevy Impala custom is Mr. Johnny Hammann.

Kustom City cars look super.

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree he owns the Koolest '58 Impala. I always look forward to talking to Johnny.

15. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Photos by George of setup day are now on Carnut.com

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

New blog post up! Starbird-Devlin Load-in Photos http://t.co/ng4KXLVJ

Monday I will start a thread here with some of my favorite images of the show.

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Trav, I'd like to see the competitors for the 'Magnificent Seven' if you don't mind...please...

Thanx,
    R-

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I will shoot those tonight and get them up for you ASAP. I had to split yesterday and rich back to work so I couldn't take as many as I wanted to.

19. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The show is very nice . The Kustom City display is killer . Kustoms ,Hot Rods , Firetrucks ,a Bus , Antique Motorcycles and restored vehicles .

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to Doug Reed for all of his work putting the "Kustom City" gathering together. Stay
    tune for pics of the show, it was a kool gathering. I borrowed this one from Paul aka Poverty
    Flats. Happy Trails, Mick

Attached Files:

21. Lookin good there Mick!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve always liked this poster. I`ve never been to a show in Wichita and have seen all but 3 or 4 of these cars. Travis, nice change for the Galaxie. There needs to be a Kustom City
    at every indoor auto show.

23. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

You southern guys get to have all the fun. Couldn't get to an indoor show even if we had one up here in north country. Da Dodge is in the back garage surrounded by over 2 feet of snow and the low temp is supposed to around -18 in the next couple of days. Almost, let me repeat that ALMOST makes up for that July Salina heat. Looks like a great turnout. Hope all went well..............

---CLICK TO ENLARGE ---

Attached Files:

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks brother! I agree, now that I'm a new transplant to Kustom City I think we should take up residence in every major event :)

I just got home, got my shoes off... may have to wash my feet now but the memory card is in the computer transferring the photos of the weekend. I'll start a thread as soon as I can!

25. Man that is a good lookin' Merc. Anyone know who owns it? Dewey know?
    Later,
    Dick