Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kudos to Lee Kay and Ben D

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boogeracng, Jul 2, 2013.

1. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

BIG TIME kudos go to Lee Kay and Ben D......Lee for his skills, talents, and overall businessman sense (stick to a time table, communications and updates on the project) and likewise for Ben in his transport.

Short story, I had Ben haul a Willys sedan roof to Lee for reshaping and total redo to become a coupe roof. It arrives at Lee's with NO issues on time. Lee jumps all over it, keeps me updated with emails and photos of progress. I send Lee pictures of my project for reference for what he's doing. It's finished AHEAD of schedule.

Ben hauls it back to me as part of a west coast run......the cost is well within reason, and in my time table for continuing the project. It arrives today, within 30 minutes of his projected schedule time.

Of course, it's raining here all day, so preliminary fitup is delayed....but DAMN it looks good.

BIG THANKS to both of you.

Anyone needing transport of cars or parts....don't hesitate, Ben is the man. If you need custom metal shaping, Lee is the man. My pieces are Willys specific, but I have no doubt with a pattern to work off, he can do anything......he gives new meaning to "craftsman" and "artist."

This is NOT a paid political message/commercial, just a VERY WELL satisfied customer of both.

I know, pictures or it doesn't exist or didn't happen........I've got 'em, just not smart enough to post 'em.

2. Weasel

Weasel

Lee Kay does fabulous work - a metal shaping master....

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I beleve this all happened, but before and after photos sure would be nice to see. Bob

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

nah, I don't believe it. Chuck hates Willys

5. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

It's worse than any "controlled substance." But this is the last one......too old for all the up and downs, the reaches and stretches, and the "do's and redo's." This will clean the rafters and the storage shed of the last of the Willys stuff. Someone else needs this thing to finish as either a street rod (clear title) or a racer.....I'm too old for this crap..................

6. drumyn29

drumyn29

7. seatex

seatex

Great. Kudo's for workmanship and delivery, but I quit? WTF?
    I musta missed a page or two somewhere................:confused:

8. hemipwd41willys

hemipwd41willys
    from Wyoming

Boogeracng,
    I would agree 100% on Lee Kay's work. I had the the privilege to meet Lee and Guido "Weasel" about a year ago. Since that time i have had Lee do some willys sheet metal repair for me on my various projects, it has been outstanding. Everything was as you said Boogeracng "emails with pics and updates and was done before he said it would be" packed in a very nice crate and shipped out with out any hassles. I would recommend Lee Kay to any one wanting top notch work. I am looking forward to doing more business with him very soon.

9. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

I'll share a few photos I have to this point, but as I said, I'm fine with a welder and grinder, but posting pictures here is an exercise in frustration/measurement of my patience. Someone supply a direct email and I'll forward a few for you to post if you're interested. It's just another bunch of left overs/semi rusty Willys pieces, assembled into a recognizable shape..............

10. drumyn29

drumyn29

send them to me and i'll post for you.

11. raven

raven

BenD even had time to drop off my chrome wheels along the way. I saw your roof.
    He must have that transporter working right...
    r