Register now to get rid of these ads!

KS and MO guys - Goodguys or Greaserama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDP, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BCR

BCR

I changed my mind. I just got my new mag in the mail and I am gonna stay home and read it from cover to cover.

[​IMG]

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

OMG----that's the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

3. BCR

BCR

Oh yea, I may drive in on Sunday with my new ride. Here is a pic of me and the wife with our car. Stop by and say hi.

P.S. I bought an engine and got a free pair of pants!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. Damn of a multi Lifestyle !!!! WTF ??? >>>>.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

dammit Mike, why did you go and spill the beans?

Paul's alter ego sure is a 180 degrees from the facade he promotes every day.

he is kind of a Pretty Boy isn't he!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm not so sure Paul ever had that much hair.... :D

7. what size fancy pants are availible? ...
    are there winter styles ?

omg fancy pants magazine .. the annual pie issue
    tips on how chickens beat the kansas heat
    gravy stain removal while wearing them 5 surefire ways

i wanna be part of the in crowd not just a lookie loo
    so parachute pants don't qualify if they are pair o shit pants

8. BCR

BCR

I can see how this will be just like the Rodders Journal. Everyone will wait for the next months issue.

Just be patient. It is in the works!:eek:

Maybe I can put you on as a freelance kind of deal. Ha Ha

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

The Goodguys comments are still a mystery to me. Obviously from people who have not been, don't really know Goodguys and haven't read the Gazette in at least 8 years..

The reality is that Goodguys events, especially KC, feature more like 95% "regular guy" hot rods, homebuilt rides etc. Yes there is ONE are out of the entire event where well-finished cars are highlighted, but many of those are still homebuilt or long term projects from regular guys.

Greaserama is fun. I have been and I personally only like about half of what's there, but I don't come on here and call it a shitbox event.

I like going to both of those events. I'm a car guy who likes and appreciates cars.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  10. slammed

slammed

The comments on GG will always be. It has expanded coverage here on the HAMB, after every show.

11. BCR

BCR

Stereotypes suck

12. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

There are pros and cons to both. I personally go to look at the stuff that interests me. Some of the (Rat Rods) are cool and creative cars. Some of them are shitboxes and I wouldn't waist shotgun shells on them if the were parked in a field somewhere. As for the spit shined trailer queens with the chrome frames, chrome engineblocks and 300' deep paint. I get more satisfaction from just walking by those and acting like they are not even there. Most of the people with cars like those are not even approachable anyway but some of those cars are cool to look at also. I like alot of different stuff and I don't knock what I don't like.

13. Abomination

Abomination

I'll likely be at Greasarama too, holding the reflector while the Mrs takes the pics. ;)

~Jason

14. You can be a "chainer poser"...I know alot of guys like that!

15. Racewriter

Racewriter

DAMMIT! I knew Paul took a pic of me once, but I didn't know he sent it to a magazine....those are my best pants, too!:D

16. Racewriter

Racewriter

If you're a Rama, you're smack between two of the most asskicking BBQ places in KC. Both of 'em are kind of low key. You've got the Woodyard BBQ a little ways West on Southwest Boulevard, and Quick's 7th Street BBQ a little ways East. Only go to Quick's if you like good hot BBQ sauce. His sauce stands up and fights back.

17. BCR

BCR

Sweet !! I am a chainer wannabe:eek:

18. Dammit Mike, send me the card inside the magazine so I can become a lifetime subscriber, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. BCR

BCR

larry I thought I was in for a beat down from povertys bodyguard

20. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

Swap Meet Cindy Here: Ya know...when I was in Salina at the Led Sled Spectacular I wore an outfit identical to that but with stalletto heals. But when I got back home, oddly enough they weren't in my suitcase and neither was the perfume they keep talking about. Now I know where it went. (I want my shoes and perfume back!!! You can keep the silk pants and blouse)

21. i appreciate both our shows and all types of cars , i have 9 cars in various stages and have a so called "rat rod " couple of full kustoms , a pre war truck, a 50,s pick-up and a 64 front engine dragster ! grew up driving nothing but big block rear shackled , mopars .
    never quite understood the us and them attitude , none of my cars will ever be driven in primer again , all will have high end paint jobs , full interiors , and totally rebuilt drive-trains ,
    but the reality it will be all done by myself or with the help of my freinds in the car club ,

THAT is where people get it all twisted , some people don't like to get dirty , some don't have the time , some don't really have the skill-set to fabricate a car ,
    BUT that doesn't make them any less of an enthusiast
    GREASERAMA was built on the premise that the average guy could dream up and build a hotrod , or kustom , as finances and time allowed year by year it would slowly start coming together , first time you get it drivable for the first time you want to take it out and cruise around like a trophy of all your hard work ,
    some guys feel intimidated to take out a half done car to a show but the pride of what you have accomplished to date is what GREASERAMA is about ,
    i am still learning somethings myself , thrill for me is firing up that car for the first time after a 20 year nap, driving around and having guys in 50,000.00 Mercedes stop me and ask me about it , and the infamous drive of everybody to damn near wreck their car to race up to you just to give you a wave and a thumbs up
    if you pigeon hole yourselves into a us and them mentality you lose a apart of the appreciation of all the new technology, safety innovations , and styling cues ( hell it all comes back around anyway ) and some of the "gold chainers" forget what it is to be middle aged with a family and bills and rat holing back cash for months just to get that part that allows you to get to the next step ,

NOT ALL WHAT I THINK IS COOL OR SHITTY IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IS COOL OR SHITTY BUT NEITHER ONE OF US ARE TOTALLY RIGHT
    Kirk knows what the financial burden it takes to put on a show, as do we , printing , venues , vendors, staff, insurance ,media, art direction , merchandise , it is a constant battle and gamble to figure out what it will take to keep people coming back , the more shows that are out there the more choices people have , the reason we have criteria at our show is the simple fact, that is what cars we generally like to see , heck its our show!the easiest thing to do is to bitch about a car show the hardest thing to do is to start one of your own

ps , the drive in has a gravel parking lot it does get dusty at times but we have rented a water truck to dampen the lot to eliminate the dust , see ,people have a problem . problem solved !
    be thankful for this forum and both types of shows , it would totally suck for Kansas city NOT to have either one here !!

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey Cindy, I just spoke with Paul on the phone. he says the pants are just a bit big for him. Can you take them in a bit, especially in the seat?

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Nicely put! I feel blessed to beagle to hit both shows!

25. Holy crap that's funny... Got the "Fancy Pants"... "Pretty Boy"... Gold Chainer's and all!!!!!

I don't think those pants smell like "Swapmeet Cindy" anymore!!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I need some new friends....what the hell does this have to do with Greaserama anyway?

27. wizzard23

wizzard23

Hey Flats! Enjoy your new found fame! Alot of people on here would kill to make a magazine cover! Live it up, like the big dog you are!

28. who would be the missing link when talking about gold chainers?

does it count to hide a gold chain under your HAMB shirt?

hopefully I can make the messaround closer to home

29. grim

grim

Both crews are breakin' their backs this weekend for the cause. Kool cats like this keep the kulture alive and plentiful; strength in numbers keep the SEMA fight strong so that I can keep ridin'. Support your brothers. ;)

Never forget, how you spend your cash is your vote for the kind of world you want to live in. I vote for Kirk and the Punk Rods crews to stay alive, and any profits made on my tickets are a deserved tip for their labor. They earned it.