Register now to get rid of these ads!

KS and MO guys - Goodguys or Greaserama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDP, Aug 31, 2011.

1. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I am planning on going to both. What is your preference?

2. Racewriter

Racewriter

My own preference, for reasons stated on my Goodguys thread, is Goodguys. But let's face it - Labor Day Weekend is awesome in Kansas City because you don't have to choose! It takes all of 15 minutes to get from Kansas Speedway (home of GG) to the Boulevard Drive-In (home of Greaserama). Hell, go back and forth between the two all weekend if you want.

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Goodguys is great if you like 20" billet wheels and rubber band tires. If you prefer home built cars and hanging with real hot rodders, go to the Greaserama.

4. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

5. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I am going to both. But there is also a car show at the DeSoto Days Festival is DeSoto, Ks. It has been a few years since I have been but it was an ok show at one time. It is going to add to my weekend full of hot rods.

6. KCsledz

KCsledz

Hands down - Greaserama. But some of the cars show up Sunday afternoon once they leave Goodguys. I am biased though cause I am selling my shift knobs and letterpress hot rod posters at Greaserama.

But seriously, I have been to both a few times and the Goodguys show is very uptight compared to Greaserama.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

be prepared to be in a dust bowl at Greaserama..... you're car will be filled with dirt if you leave the windows open also!

8. KCsledz

KCsledz

very true! Quite a bit more dusty than the HAMB drags.

9. BCR

BCR

I will be hanging with the uptight, fake hot rodders in the land of billet.

Funny thing is neither car I am taking has billet or 20's. Weird?

10. There are like 2,000 cars at that Goodguys show. There is all kinds of neat stuff worth looking at.

I don't want to miss anything--I'll be at both shows!

11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'll be taking pics at GG on Friday all day, plus Sat and Sun mornings then I'll slide over to Greaserama and have a blast hanging with all the folks there too. I'm just a whore I'll go to any ol damn cool show :)

12. BCR

BCR

Cool, maybe I will finally get to meet you. I will be by a red 64 Falcon sprint.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

wtf?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I just wish it wasn't so far. I would do both, then have dinner with Swap Meet Cindy and her husband Frank. Two of my best friends

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

She sure smells good that's for sure. I would include Gasserlouie if I was at dinner to protect me from Chester Smith.....:D

16. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

goodguys = gold chainers greasarama = dusty,PBR,real car people. low brow,low bucks

17. tankwilson

tankwilson

GREASERAMA!!! i can't believe that is even a question. My fav show of the year.

18. BCR

BCR

you forgot fancy pant with a gold chain.

Very Funny.

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ha ha ha

20. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

greaserama for me and my wife we love everything about it. great cars, great vendors ,great people, no billet and no more rats really than at the goodguys show, just no powerparking.We always have a great time.If any of you guys are there look us up we'll be round the ol' truck its a 54 f100, yaller primer and sets about 4in off the ground with no airbags.

21. waaaaaaaaah no soup for me

22. BCR

BCR

Can I still be a Chainer if I am broke? Just curious.

23. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Went to Greaserama last year for a few hours- Pretty cool show.

24. Slapdad

Slapdad

Heading up friday morning with the kids in the dirty old wagon for GG, then to Greaserama saturday afternoon. Probably Have to stop at Oklahoma Joes for some ribs on the way.

25. slammed

slammed

Greaserama. Happens once a year.

26. slammed

slammed

SPAM ALERT! Git the scatter gun boy's!!

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

If I were closer, I would attend both and appreciate the best of each, while ignoring the worst. Then I would spend time taking in the sights of my old hometown, the Midwest's most beautiful small city. An open mind is necessary for this option.

28. sololobo

sololobo

Poor ol Goodguys gets the chainer and big wheel boo hoo again. You just need to enjoy what you like and not judge the other. G.G. will have a ton of cool cars also at the big racetrack which is cool. Lack of shade at the G.G. is an issue. The Greaserama is a much funkier setting at the drive inn and has fringe shade to retreat to for a break. The art and vendor selection at Greaerama is outstanding and always some hip bands, which will include my heros The Rumbeljetts, worth the trip it self. Cars at Greaserama will be more trad with a great variety of Motorcycles and always way cool peddle bikes. The drive inn has a limestone bed so it will dust, roll the windows up and enjpy. Two shows, both great, big weekend in K.C. ~sololobo~

29. davey_shumard

davey_shumard

Greaserama for sure, maybe GG also, if we have any time! there is no such thing as a perfect car show, there will always be the cars that were bought and paid for instead of hammered and sweat for..the beauty of hot rodding is that we get to choose. and if the guys who wanna buy 'em instead of build 'em can help further the hobby, who cares if they want there car to have an easter egg paint job or wagon wheels with rubber bands......i dont have to drive it!

30. Ill be there too Mike, no billet on my ride either, we like a lot of stuff at GG and we just point and laugh at the goldchainers who are too stuck up to talk to plain folks with low dollar cars.:D