Register now to get rid of these ads!

KROME 'n KANDY, brand new 2013 midwest show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ALLISON, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Stacie

Stacie

Ken Bentz's '32 Ford 5-Window Coupe took Best Engine. Trophy built by Pat Kary of Creative Metalworks and painted by Kelley Bush of Wizard Custom Studios / St. Croix Airbrushing.

Attached Files:

2. Stacie

Stacie

Tim Grant's Kosmic Outcast took Best Upholstery. Trophy built by Pat Kary of Creative Metalworks and added to and upholstered by Nate VanHofwagen of Vinyl-lux Sewing and Upholstery.

Attached Files:

3. Stacie

Stacie

Jeff Jones' '31 Ford Coupe, "Sour" took Jim Whistleman's Photographer's Pic. Trophy and Photo by Jim himself.

Attached Files:

4. Stacie

Stacie

It was a long journey of which continues for a few days yet, but we got the Takeout T here from Spokane, WA. After having some shakeup in plans, I bought Jeff Allison an airline ticket the Mon. night before the show, put him on the plane to fly out at 6am the next morning, wired him some cash to buy a cargo van, load up the T and his friend Tim Hein and make the trip back after Midnight the day before (really of) the show. A huge thank you to Russ Freund for letting him take the trailer and the T. Jeff is now in transit back to WA and hopes to sell the cargo van when he gets back there. If not, it's coming back home in a few days. LOL! What a journey, but it was so worth it. Everyone seemed to love seeing such a beautiful car. I chased down Jeff at the end of the show to get a ride in it while he loaded it into the trailer. I felt like a giddy little girl!!!

Photos by Jim Whistleman of Fine Lines Photography and Graphics.

Attached Files:

5. We really enjoyed the show , what a high quality turn out . We hope our kart display was well received . We would do it again given the chance . Thanks to Stacie and Jeff for their efforts .

6. Stacie

Stacie

I thought they were great, Brian! Would love to have them at the show again. Did you get a chance to talk to Ky Michaelson "Rocketman?" He's built rocket powered go-carts. He was one of the crew that brought the rocket powered car on Sat.

7. Stacie

Stacie

Pics posted on pages 7 and 8 for your late night viewing. :) Should be more to come. Just waiting on permission.

8. I have known Ky for a few years , He is a heck of a guy . I think he is still the only civilian to send a rocket into " space ".

9. Stacie

Stacie

I believe he is. He has friends that have a business where they either are already or are about to offer rides into space....for a lllllooooottt of money. :)

10. Stacie

Stacie

Really behind, but here are more KnK pics.

Attached Files:

11. Stacie

Stacie

Most of these newly added photos are from Chris Sandquist.

Attached Files:

12. Stacie

Stacie

more from Chris Sandquist.

Attached Files:

13. Stacie

Stacie

Some others from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

14. Stacie

Stacie

additional from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

15. Stacie

Stacie

even more from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

16. Stacie

Stacie

I think there's more from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

17. Stacie

Stacie

OK, so there's a lot more from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

18. Stacie

Stacie

Chris...

Attached Files:

19. Stacie

Stacie

Sandquist...

Attached Files:

20. Stacie

Stacie

Chris

Attached Files:

21. Stacie

Stacie

Sandquist

Attached Files:

22. Stacie

Stacie

Chris Sandquist - more great shots.

Attached Files:

23. Stacie

Stacie

more from Chris Sandquist...

Attached Files:

24. Stacie

Stacie

Shots from Chris Sandquist.

Attached Files:

25. Stacie

Stacie

Last ones from Chris Sandquist.

Attached Files:

26. Stacie

Stacie

Beach Party!!! I need some pics of Thee Unholy 3, but here are a few from Dave Wolfe and the Wolfmen. Dave moved to Austin, TX quite a few years ago after playing with Alan Subola for many years in the Vibro Champs. Elmer Johnston on the bass has also been playing around the cities for many years with Dave, Alan, and several other bands. Alan and Elmer currently play in the Bad Companions and for this night they stole the drummer from Ross Kleiner's band. In the second to last pic is our amazing sound guy, Don Rice of Rice Sound and Services. This guy is top notch! The night was epic, the beach was packed, the music was as always from these guys, superb and we kept most of the crowd on the beach through the whole night. If you missed out...you missed out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  27. Stacie

Stacie

More from the beach party! The talented and cute as a button, Savannah Smith was strum'n it on her ukulele and singing her very own rendition of a wide range of covers between sets.

Attached Files:

28. Stacie

Stacie

I do have a good one of Thee Unholy 3! These guys had the crowd roaring from the very start! I couldn't have asked for a better opening! And here are others by "The Candy Shoppe - Pinup and Boudoir." Candy is such a blast to work with and I thank her for coming out to shoot the beach party!

Instead of the same old '50's pinup contest, we had a '60's themed Beach Bunny Ball! The girls were a hoot and the crowd had a blast!

Kira McCarty of Onsite Muse Hair and Makeup (pictured next to me) did and always does an amazing job on my hair and makeup. If any of you have girls in your life in need of hair and makeup for an event, Kira and the others from Muse are seriously the best in the cities.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  29. Stacie

Stacie

More from "The Candy Shoppe" from the Beach Bunny Ball! Winners of the contest were Hussy Hautepants, Kelly Krome, and Lela Bells!

The amazing Henry's Hamburger sign was brought in by Gilbert Syverson of the Acme car club! What a perfect backdrop for the party!!! Many thanks to him for driving it across the state for us.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool photos!