Time for another of my long winded build threads. With the passing of my Sport Coupe to 1Oldrat I am once again without a ride for Fall Wildwood, which is the only run I really care about all year anyway. As this would be my fourth year going without wheels I decided to make a concentrated effort to build something in the next twelve weeks that will take me and my sweety to the shore and back in at least a touch of honor. I raided all the parts I could find loose in the shop and came up with enough stuff to build a fairly cool old timey modified albeit with a slightly non traditional drivetrain. Basiclly, the car is being built out of all the parts nobody else on the HAMB wanted! I started by braking some 10 ga. pickled and oiled to "A" frame dimensions, (1 3/4" x 4"), and shearing some matching boxing plates. I used the frame dimensions off Norms' Lightning Bug along with the front crossmember details and very unique suicide perch. I idn't want it to look like a glorified T Bucket frame so there are some differences here to keep it a little more yummy. I used a pair of Speedway 'bones I aquired from HomemadeHardtop57 and fabbed some of my signiture frame mounts for the rod ends to set the front end up to use an undropped Model A axle. The driveline is a very potent 283, which i actually a 292 now, with some nicely done fuely heads, "Duntov" cam, roller rockers, trips on an old Edelbrock C357 with 3 Holley 94's and a Bubbas distributor from CuzinBrucie. This was the motor for my Sporty that didn't go with the car. I tried to trade it for a flatty but no one was interested so in it went. I tied it to a GM Corp. Muncie 5 speed and a light 9" from 1 OldRat that I narrowed and centered. The motor mounts are some simple biscuits along with some .250 stock and a little whittling with a saw and sander. The trans mount is a standard GM on a drop out plate. This trans is essentually an M21 Muncie with internal rails and an overdrive added. I havn't broken one yet, which is unusual for me. The rear has 4.11 cogs which should make this thing an E ticket ride at the stoplight drags. I've got a week or so into this and I'm going to keep swinging. I'm starting on the firewall and cowl using a '28 AR gas tank for the top and fabbing the rest. Should be a simple shell to build including the working doors. I'll keep you posted as I move along. The goal is for a roller by the end of June.