Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Koolest picture taken at Santa Maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Jun 17, 2010.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because Jeff is busy and not on the HAMB very much, I know I can get by telling you
    that Jeff Myers is one of my Idols. How can you not keep from grinning looking at all
    of those dead bugs on the hood. The Caddy took its toll on a lot of bugs but what a
    way to go. LOL!! Jeff built and drives one of the baddest Caddy’s ever and it is kool
    to see that it is treated just like another car, semi, bus, etc.,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kongrats Jeff on the trophies that you picked up on the way to California. Very kool!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

That is pretty damn cool

3. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Thats what its all about.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

If you don't drive 'em - I don't want to hear about 'em

dj

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bunch of us were about when Chezoom drove to the first Americruize in Springfield.
    I can't remember the night but when it drove up it was just pitted with road rash and
    dead bugs everywhere. It was a life changing experience. No matter how kool ya build
    it, it is even kooler running down the highway.

6. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Show and Go! I heard of a place in LA where you bring in your SUV and they spray mud and crap on it to make it look like you've had a wild off road weekend! If you don't drive it put a lamp on it and call it a coffee table!

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

DEFINITELY THE COOLEST!! Jeff Fuckin' Myers RULES!!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yep, you're right. Gary

9. the faster you go, the more trophies/bugs you collect. lol.
    nice caddy.

10. twochops

twochops

My new name card shows the way I think about driving
    a chopped kustom.
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

i thought he had a gold flake catastrophe at first glance.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Right on there brother!! That is the "Real Deal", Jeff rocks, another hot rod hero has emerged in my life watching him over the last few years, and always a pleasant gentelman for a chat etc. Dorothy may not be in Kansas anymore, but who needs her, Jeff is there!! ~Sololobo~

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Shows should give awards for driven cars only! Ha Ha. As if. I dont' mean for the most bugs collected (you should remove them after you arrive, eh?) but if your car is driven, it will get dirty on the bottom, have a few stone chips and have some bugs in the radiator. As long as it is clean and presentable on top, and mechanically sound on the bottom, you're in the running. Trailered cars with waxed chassis only compete against each other and are only elibigle for one trophy - trailer queen! LOL Gary

14. Rev. Whitewall

Rev. Whitewall

Trailers are for boats.

15. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Hmm,next time somebody askes me to make a trophy I will ask to make it for the most bugs category.Damn that car is rad by the way!

16. gonmad

gonmad

That is awesome!! Hope the car did good!

17. sledish

sledish

Love it. Bugs are like medals of honor to a Kustom !

18. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Thanx guys, it is soo kool driving your car across country. its only paint , right? one guy asked me ,man that must of been a bitch to trailer that car all the way from kansas. I replied i wouldn't know, I drove my car, from kansas, he then said , badd ass m'fer! driveing a show car cross country.! i almost left the car like that for the show but I could'nt do it, had to wash it. what you couldn't see from this shot was the broken power steering line and all the black road grime and oil on the drivers side, and the two mismatched spare tires from the 3 flats we had, the roads sucked. who ever did the paving around flagstaff, I owe you a couple ass beatings !! the road wasn't even painted with the lines yet and it was so rough, i counted 5 cars with flats 1 mile after ours !! so who ever you are you must be a brother in law to our pres, or some upper crust, cause you sure don't know road construction! I will post a full story on the trip later, right now i just got home from getting some ink from dennis mcphail and I went to work at 3 am this morn. so its bedtime ! night fellers!

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kan't wait to read about the adventure, I bet it will be Jeff fin Myers genious!!

[​IMG]

Happy Trails,

Mick

20. M.Edell

M.Edell

My Vehicle is still covered in dead bugs from that road trip up and down the 101,,,

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

There's no point in having a cool car if you don't drive it.

22. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

What are you talking about, there aren't any bugs in california!! all of mine were from ks,oklahoma, texas and new mex. once we hit needles we never saw anouther bug. speaking of roadtrips, you cali guys are being challenged, called out what ever you want tocall it, to drive your kustoms to salina, ks in july for the kkoa show. we have about 7 beatniks driving from cali to this show this year, so man up boys, go cross country have a good time..................

23. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

maybe the new park should have a section for dirty driven cars? would people understand? or just complain because its dirty. ?

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

There's nothing like taking a cross country trip in a kustom...or a rod...I've been doing it since 1976...

Two years ago, in Santa Maria, I strongly encouraged PhatCaddy to bring his '57 to Salina...but alas, another year goes by that he won't be there...I also talked to a couple of other Cali guys about Salina, they told me point blank that "it's too far" and they "never go past the state line of Cali"...

I think your challenge is going to fall on deaf ears, finkd...

R-

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A few years back I drove my 37 Sedan on a long trip from Tampa. I got as far north as Stevens Pt. Wisconsin (love that Point beer) for a little car show in the park before heading home. Folks were always amazed to see the Florida plates. And because I drove it. And because it made it up there with no problems. Or that I wasn't at all that worried about the drive home, either. Great ice breaker over a beer, too. But I do clean the bugs off every day on a trip. Otherwise, the dead bug collection starts looking like gut-colored Velcro. Gary

26. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

oh, I KNOW roger, but I just like throwing it out there so those cali. cry baby, spoiled guys can't say they were never informed or invited. so you have all been invited and challenged to drive your kustoms to salina, if ya don't show , well then ya must be yella!!! LOL. It is nice that they don't comeout here to ks, tho. look at austin, alot of people moving there lately, and we want to keep all the kool ks stuff just the way it is. It took me 12 seconds to get to work this morning and it is 2 miles from the shop, and i blew past 4 cars on the whole trip!!! oh, what a blast ks. is.!!! there's no place like home. speaking of you can still buy a home for under 100k here AND have it payed off before you die!!!

27. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

damn, i had some bugs but i dont remember it looking that cool. I did pick this up on my way out to santa maria this year. Im heading back to kansas this saturday, wish me luck. ha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. yblock292

yblock292

super kool, Can't wait to do that in a Hot Rod........... wait not sure i got one that would make it!

29. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

JOHNNY YOU MAKE ITHOME YET ? we want details, maybe some on where you stayed what you did. how was your appartment ?

30. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

I made it home. I left california on Saturday 4:30 pm and drove into hutchinson on sunday 6:30 pm and had to drive to wichita at 8 to pick up my wife and kids from the airport. Only troubles i had was one in flagstaff about 10:30 at night all my lights went out while i was driving. Fuse in my light switch went out. And i started feeling really sick and light headed from dehydration 4 miles from texas. I ended up stopping at a weigh station and the sherrifs let me get some water. Haha my appartment?? You mean my luxurious sweet above the shiter at masterson kustoms. it was awsome. I lived up there for about 3 weeks. My wife even stayed up there with me one night after a us bombs show and night at the mexican bar on the corner from the shop. The first weekend i went to santa maria. was able to go check out the bobs broiler thing. Went to Ink n Iron. Did some local shows. I even won a award for best custom at a show in garden grove. Brad and I was just about smashed in between a 18 wheeler and a wall in the plymouth, I have no clue how i saved that one. I met alot of really cool people. Ian tryed to teach me how to do some lead, I FAILED. I felt a earth quake. I ate alot of carnasada burritos. I even was able to witness what laker fans do when the win the championship game. I would just hate to see what happens when they lose. I owe Brad Masterson and Mike Lewis big time for everything they did for me. Now heres a couple pictures of what i did monday. Seeya in salina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]