Register now to get rid of these ads!

KOA Southern Leadsled Nats. This weekend in NC.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John B, Jul 26, 2007.

1. John B

John B

2. John B

John B

I forgot to mention that KOA will be giving away some cool stuff. Such as an engine and a set of Diamond Back wide whites.

3. It looks like Vicki and I will head that way tomorrow morning from Greenville SC.

I guess it won't be too hard to find.

How many cars are expected?

Is there a HAMB corral for those of us who won't get there at dawn or before?

When and where is the HAMB meet and greet? And are you bringing the cookies?

4. John B

John B

Ken, I wish I was going. I got a last minute order that I couldn't turn down. I need the money. So while everyone is having a killer time in Hickory, I'll be busting my hump getting beauty pageant trophies done. So take alot of pictures for me.

As for the car count, all I know is that Jeff told us he had over two hundred pre-entries and KOA has never had a lot of pre-entries before, so thats a good sign.

Jeff and Pam have really been working hard to turn KOA and around and it looks like they are making progress.

While you're there look up Weldon & Phyllis Haynes and tell them that their adopted son misses them.

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

as of about 2pm there were already a coupla hundred cars or so on the fairgrounds and there apparently were a good number that were gone on the NASCAR shop tour poker run. i may run back out here in a bit to see what it's looking like in the late afternoon. there's a local cruise night tonight in a little town called valdese about 20 miles away. it nearly shuts the town down for the cruise on a regular basis i'm sure it'll be packed tonight.

i've gotta go look at a car in the morning but will be back out there tommorrow afternoon sometime. all my cars are down so i'll just be wandering around taking pics...ken....

6. John B

John B

Thanks for the update Luckystiff. I like to hear whats going on, even if it does make me sick that I didn't get to go.

7. customcory

customcory

Hell, this show snuck up on me, won't have to go far to meet Gene Winfield , Joe Balion. Can't wait to go. I wish my 51 was driveable.

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

i wish i could say it snuck up on me but the truth is i've been lazy is why i won't have a car there. at least i'm honest about it hahahaha...ken....

9. customcory

customcory

Damn you Ken, no really , I'd give anything if this turns into a annual thing. I don't keep up with the KKOA shows , I had know idea.:eek:

10. John B

John B

From the reports I'm getting, it should be back next year. Having the new home office for Kustoms Of America in Gastonia,NC helps to.

Keep in mind that KOA and KKOA are two different organizations. Both are working to keep the custom car movement going full steam ahead.

11. Notorious

Notorious

12. Notorious

Notorious

I just got back. I had to bring the dog home, she was getting tired. I may go back over though, it goes on until six today. There are some very nice cars there, I'd estimate at least 250-300.