Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Knoxville NSRA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, May 6, 2011.

1. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Go to a real car show good-guy's more fun for your buck.

2. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

I would have sent them 2 dog turds back. $2 is $2 but come on. They could send a letter back and say hey cough it up when you get to the show or something. Hell between the two of you there is a good part of $2 worth of stamps tied up in that goat fest.

3. Gator

Gator

Easy answer? Quit coming 'here' :rolleyes:

4. I've been a lifetime NSRA member for 20 years. I was under the impression that NSRA stood for National Street Rod Association.

I understand the need to bring in some "new blood", and could understand a 50 year sliding rule. That would have brought in all the Tri-Fives as well as the lead sleds.

Quite frankly, I don't see a lot of younger folks that have the extra $$ to spend on hot rods or HAMB friendly cars. If they do spend $ on cars, it seems that they are driving the kind of cars that most here would probably dislike the most, such as Hondas with big wings and fart pipes.

Those folks here (including myself) that also have post 48 rides usually have lots of places to show their cars/trucks. There are shows for most every category, whether you drive a GTO, Camaro, Mustang or pickup.

Most places have lots of "Cruise Nights" and local car shows that give you a chance to attend and show your ride. Most of these are "bring what you got" shows that welcome just about anything with a $20 bill attached to it.

For the record, I think that the NSRA needs to change the rule to a 50 year sliding rule, not 20 year.

Just my opinion. Yours may differ.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Let's put the " cry and bitch " in the proper light :D

They are complaining about NON HAMB friendly vehicles.
    This is afterall a 1964 and earlier traditional board. The Camaro board would be upset about the Falcons and Valients.

The NSRA events ( pre 49 ) had a certain vibe, mood or feeling about them.
    The partcipants all had the pre 49 mind set. Folks worked hard to get their vehicles ready to go and be seen @ a NSRA event. You made friends there that liked the same type of vehicle that you like. Your financial standing had little to do with how you were accepted. You love for the vehicles was what mattered.

I worked for the government most of my adult life ( so you KNOW I was not a high roller $$$ ) but at the NSRA events ... big buck guys sat around like everyone else and talked about vehicles. Magazines guys, business owners, a poor guys like me ... all sitting around the host Motel/Hotel ... looking at and talking about cool cars.

The vibe, mood and feeling has changed :( :(
    That is what most of us pre 49 guys miss IMHO

If you go to a British Car show ... there is cars there but it does not feel like a old NSRA event. Same for the Camaro shows, Mustang shows ECT. Even Good Guys events have a way different vibe, mood, and feeling than the NSRA events of the past.

It's SAD ... :eek: :( :mad:

7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Yeah, 'specially with the steering wheel on the wrong side and one of these license plates;

[​IMG]

8. 32Rules

32Rules

The shows are what you make of them. Went to mats south for the first time. Mostly just bucket list thing. I had fun and met some nice people. With that said, nsra will never be the same.

Lesson one in promotions is that if everyone can go, no one will go.

Frog follies still has that feel of old

Whoever said that Louisville was not den was wrong. It was down by about 800 cars if I remember right that means a lot of street rods stayed home.

9. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm the same camp--open to some change but they took it too far. Too bad they didn't bother to listen when the membership told them what they wanted. It's pretty clear it's not about what the members want.

And don't get me started on the lame ass editorial attempt in street sceene to justify what they've done--or the rampant mis-identification of common cars street rods since the change.

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Aw c'mon!