Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kliche Koupe goes KUSTOM!! -OR- The Bondo Chronicles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Got the lenses Mitch!!

2. inkmunky

inkmunky

Ouch is right.... sheesh. Do her right Ian and don't fuck up or we will all make fun of you :D

3. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

Great work Ian.

4. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Hahaha I love it.

5. lorodz

lorodz

thanks for the info

6. sheesh...
    i don't know if my poor heart can keep up with what this poor car has had to endure...

its like a steel onion of disaster...

thankfully, i KNOW Ian is going to straighten this pig right out...

i cant wait to see what this thing looks like once he works his magic on the tail lights.

THANKS IAN!!!!!

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHA!! YOU BET!!

Thanx collin!!

8. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I can't wait to tackle the tail lights!! Lot of rebuilding before that happens though!! :(

You're welcome mitch!!

9. John Denich

John Denich

Hey Mitch are you using 54 Merc??? I have a perfect set of Lenses that I bought with Ian at Pomona!!! Let me know if you need a set! WOW Ian you got your work cutout!!!

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

it was a nice loking car even though it suffered from plastosis of the tin work , it will be even better when its done right and you know what you have good luck and the repairs look great

11. DON'T SAY "CUT OUT"!!!!!! hahaha!!!

12. Ian,your lead work is really improving!!!! Not that is was bad before...but, that's just amazing!

13. hey john, check your PM's

IAN...
    you might be getting another set of lenses...

14. Great job , a proper job always takes more than a half assed one, and it appears a little bondo for the previous owner might have been an under statement. The reward will be the finished job and it looks to be a great one.
    At least he tried to make the car appear like it had good metal, I had a '70 Roadrunner inthe 80's the looked more like a concrete finishing job than body work, the chunks were huge coming out of my quarter panels. Happy leading, Rob.

15. inkmunky

inkmunky

Come on Ian hold the taillights up for us! I wanna see what you have up that tattooed sleeve of yours!!!

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx for the kind words guys!!

Mitch, im not gonna be working on the tail lights for a while, i have to fix all that shit before!! no worries man!!

17. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

My tattoos SUCK!!

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Ian, I'm loving this build. Us right-coasters know all about the rot and bondo buckets, this car is gonna be bitchin! I'll be watching closely.

19. inkmunky

inkmunky

Congratulations so do mine!!! That why they have lasers :D

20. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey thanx man! Too bad the guys who did the previous work didnt give a fuck!! Fiberglass, filler, over lapped metal, glue.........

21. jasone

jasone

Ian, knocking it out the park once again. Gonna give you a buzz, I need to consult with you on a couple of things. Mitch, your ride is in good hands.

22. OLLIN

OLLIN

VV:eek:VV!!!

awesome work.

23. This i know.

like i told Ian, when it came time to send the car out i had a very short list of who i wanted to handle the kustomizing. the list was one name long and its at his place now.

you couldn't possibly know (well, maybe some of you can) how freaking exciting and comforting it is to know that your car is in the hands of a craftsman. not a technician or tradesman, but a craftsman.

i trust Ian the way i want my customers to trust me. drop it off, walk away, come back and have your expectations met 100% and then some. the only surprises are pleasant ones. Ian has and continues to go above and beyond the call of duty and he will continue to get my work,, recommendations and referrals.

if you need work and can get your car to burbank, do it.

24. inkmunky

inkmunky

I think someone has a man crush on Ian haha

25. Awesome, I better stock up! What does 50 lbs run these days from L.A.?

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Come by Homie!!:)

Thanx MAN!!

Thanx so much Mitch! Im stoked to work on your car!! Thanx for the work!:)

Mitch and I are lovers when time allows!;)

4.95$ / lbs.......50 lbs min.

27. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

You do great work Ian.

28. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

That must be a common area for those chevies to rot....I hadda NM car that the same exact spot was rotted on....we ended up cutting out a good portion of a rot free 4 door and replacing the rear 2 feet of ass...the 2nd 4 door I got as a parts car was rotted in the same spot....

Looks good!

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I hear ya man! When Billy and I were doing the Pearl Necklace, we had what we called the "Box of WTF". Basically all the garbage we pulled out of the body tossed into a box for future reference. We were amazed...Newspaper, duct tape, bondo, roofing flashing, expani-foam, fiberglass, parts of a shoe box..

30. Flop

Flop

are ya gonna use an ems panel ian? that piece is spendy but top notch!

i was intoduced to that box 57joe when i was down at billys shop...some nice work in that box hahaha.