Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kliche Koupe goes KUSTOM!! -OR- The Bondo Chronicles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Feb 24, 2010.

1. OH HELL YEAH!!!!!

(btw, headlight retaining rings are on the way to your crib)

2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Coby you're nuts!!!!:D

Mitch, just vvait til i get some lead on there man!!!!:)

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

This should be fun to watch!!! :D

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

You might not want to say that out loud..hahahaa Considering you own a transmission shop.:D

5. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

Man I have been in this situation. Such a bad feeling as you chip away the inches. That car will be cool when all your work is done. I see no reason for inches of putty like that. Man !

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Pics are better. I can focus now. ;)

Reminds me of a nice 55 Chevy I bought. Nice paint- so I thought. Had a tiny blister in door. Started going at it w/ a roloc disc & when done- it had been sideswiped from headlight to tailight. :eek: Several areas had bondo over an inch thick filling in the crease. Where metal was torn- it was stuffed w/ steel wool for bondo backing.

7. Now that is funny!

8. chevyshack

chevyshack

Well atleast you actually have metal under the bondo. I used to live in ohio. The crooked used car dealer that used to live down the road used spray foam to fill up holes in the body then bondo over that.

9. Flop

Flop

reminds me of the shit work that was done to my pontiac before i got it...must be sumthin about loading up coupes with bondo!!

nice work ian

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey Thanx guys for the kind words!!! MY COMPUTER DIED ON ME , I guess the VV VVas a sign of it dying!!:(

Mitch, I finally got my lead and started today on the head lights, been dealing with major problems with my rear end on the 51'...... and it's not over!!:mad:
    i have to get her ready to drive to the fresno autorama in 3 weeks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SCHWEET!!!
    check it out!!!

what's going on with your rear end???
    let me know if i can help.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn dude, you even strip paint nice. Look at that crisp line!!! The leading seems to be your knack now huh? Looking great as usual dude. Keep it coming!!!

13. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx brotha, im glad you like!:) My rear end is leaking on the pass. side , it's loud on the freeway past 50mph, I have 620$ in that rear end in repair in the last 2 weeks and it's still fucked up!!! I DONT KNOW MAN???? Going back to HOOPERS tomorrow hopefully they can figure it out!!!:mad:

Thanx JJ, i really love leading!!! I bought the real deal this time though. less forgiving with the heat but i control it pretty good!! And i can finally use the files, the fake lead is IMPOSSIBLE to file, it's like filling marble! :eek:

I am very OCD dude, I have to have cleanliness when i work. I cant have fucked up panels, It HAS TO BE symmetrical !!! :eek:

14. BUMMER!
    like i said, if you need anything let me know.

15. Better tap on the roof - It may be a 'vert with a Bondo hard top!

16. lorodz

lorodz

wow ian you do great work ..looks awsome

17. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Now that is some funny shit right there.

- Joe

18. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thank you man!!

Mitch, here's some more! Waiting on the tail lights now and the retainer rings so i can put the buckets back in!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on to the back now!!:)

19. inkmunky

inkmunky

Holy shit you have "w" now!!!!

Oh yeah the car looks good too :D

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet stuff Ian. The lead work is over the top !

Happy Kustoms Mitch !!

21. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Great work Ian. as always keep us posted

22. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

23. Holy Crap Ian...
    I simply don't know what to say other than WOW!!!

Freaking Smooth...

i can't WAIT to get this thing in paint.

you should be seeing the lenses tomorrow and the rings should be right behind.

Good Stuff Bro!!! Stoked, Stoked Stoked!!!

24. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

haha!! im using my wifes computer, mine took a shit!! Hard drive and the keyboard!!:( Lost all my itunes and pics!!!:mad: I have some pics saved on an external harddrive but not all of them!!

Thanx man!!

Sure will!!:)

:)

Mitch, im stoked to see you stoked!!! You should get the drivers door handle now, its hard to open the door!!! pliers!! Im really stoked to do the tail lights!!! cant wait!!:) gonna put the buckets in once i get the retainer rings so i dont have to it twice!!

25. did i forget to bring you the door handle?? oops. i have it. i'll get it to you as soon as i can... prolly cant go til thurs. small emergency at the house.

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

No rush brotha!!! Its all good!!!:)

27. Ian / Alteredpilot, whoa, great work on the chevy, great lead work. Awesome. I have done lead, and its time consuming, but the end result is always breathtaking

28. lorodz

lorodz

hey ian were do pick up your lead ive been looking for a place that sells that and the flux and the wood tools cant find anything

29. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey thanx man!!! It is time consuming but i'm having fun with it, especially now that i use the real lead, not the lead free. You can't file lead free!! And im actually surprised on how little ended up on the floor, especially doing the bottom of the headlight!!:) Its all about finding the melting point before it liquifies!!

I get the lead Downtown L.A. , minimum 50 lbs. and the rest i just ordered through Eastwood. Find a local lead supplier, you should save 75% from the eastwood price!

Good luck!!

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky