Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kleer vue valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merctruck, May 14, 2013.

1. Does anyone out there remember these valve covers? I can remember hearing about these from my dads street racing days but I have never been able to find a set. I would love to own a set of these just in case I ever run a sbc again. Super neat part. Any other odd parts out there like this?

Attached Files:

2. mr gasket still has a clear distributor cap for a SBC

3. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

I haven't seen these lately, but some guys are fitting plexi on top of other valve covers for that clear-view vibe.

4. I remember them but never saw them on an engine. About the only thing they're good for is to see how dirty your oil is getting.

5. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

6. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

There was a '55 Nomad around Tulsa equipped with a set back in the late 70's. I think he just swapped them on when he got to the show though. They appeared clean and dry during show hours.

I bought an NOS set about 25 years ago for $20. I kept them for quite a long time in my old car room, before I was talked into selling them. Didn't know they were an investment grade valve cover.:)

7. I had the Visible V8 when I was a kid.

8. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

9. 327Eric

327Eric

I remember seeing a set on a car in an old Hot Rod magazine. If I recall it was a 35 Ford, with a 324 Olds in it. I believe it was a 1958 or 1959 issue.

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

There is a person here in denver remaking them and selling clear valve covers.

11. When you own enough cars your going to get a sbc from time to time. Besides I have a great original hilborn injection set up they would look neat with.

12. Babyearl

Babyearl

I ran a set in the early '70's,, header heat melted the edge,, they didn't live long.

13. I remember them, but like now, don't understand why anyone would run them on a running engine (a layer of oil, really isn't that attractive).
    Now on a non-running display engine, with some trick valve train, sure.

14. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I did have ONE, but it was just a quick flip '65 Impala years ago. Just nothing compelling about a car with a sbc, sorry.

15. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

Back in the early 1970's, east coast Pro Stock racer Bill Blanding ran clear plexi valve covers on his SBC motor. I'd guess that is a pretty good testament to their durability. (sorry, no success uploading pictures)

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

A guy I was helping ran some on his SBC..After he made a pass it looked like a light chocolate milkshake....