Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA Salina, KS Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I am planning on being there! Can't wait!

2. andrewt2

andrewt2
    from Topeka, KS

i am planning to make the trip myself, never been before, is there an entry fee for spectators? what is to be expected from this show? number of cars... etc. like i said im a newbie to this show. thanks!

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yes.
    Lots of Kustoms.

A chop topping...ehr...a top chopping. Couple of bands. Art auction. Hanging with friends. Seeing new cars. Meeting "celebrities".

About 800.

OK Newbie, see ya there.

R-

4. andrewt2

andrewt2
    from Topeka, KS

I have been looking at all the post and pics of past years looks like a lot of fun cant wait!

5. This is one of my favorite shows. Hundreds of customs. Usually a couple big names doing their magic on somebody's car, others under a shelter and scattered about willing to talk and autograph. Plenty of vendors and food. Stripers and live music. Model cars. A retrospective of a big name with some of the actual cars there. Setting in a shaded park. Think it was 10 bucks last year. Really one of the best custom shows there is.

6. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

I plan on being there this year! It will be my first time to go to the salina show. Cant wait to meet fellow HAMBers. I will be driving up my buddies 40 ford truck that is for sale on ebay.[​IMG]

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'll be there if at all possible and I think it is

8. #### And I thought I was the only one with the LAME ASS EXCUSES !!!! >>>>.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I believe general admission for the public is $12 and although the drags are free I believe there is a $5 parking fee. I have also been known to be wrong about 50% of the time.

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I'm driving the Model A up Saturday. It'll be my first time at this show. Looking forward to it!

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

OK, I went and regsitered my car. It cost $43 at the show. It would have been $38 online earlier. Cost $5 more now. It is cheaper for KKOA members. The drags are indeed 6 PM on Friday night and it cost $5 per car load for parking for spectators.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wouldn't miss it!

Malcolm

13. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

I think that spectators at the show entry is $10 per day for 12 and up

14. kjohnson

kjohnson

I will be there!

15. I just looked at my entry sheet. 'tators' are $12.

16. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Sorry Hotrodladycrusr I am not bringing the galaxie :(

17. gonmad

gonmad

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Well, we are going to leave here about noon or so Fri. Should be about 5-6 hours away. I did finally get my buddy to not bail out this time, and he IS going to come in the 55 Dodge. See y'all there!!!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

18. andrewt2

andrewt2
    from Topeka, KS

coming in on I-70 from topeka. not able to leave until about 5:30 this evening. whats the best way to get to the spot where the drag racing will be without getting to lost? or whats the exact address i tried to google it but i couldnt find it. thanks.

19. It sure sounds like a ton o fun. I for sure want to make it next year.

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Boohoo :( I need to clone myself :(

Ya'll have fun and take lots of pics, I'm depending on you!

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

From Topeka on 70 take the Ohio Exit (flyin J truckstop) then go south on Ohio until you get to Crawford Street (about 5 miles I think) Then head left (east) up Crawford to Markley Rd. The drags are about 1 mile south.

Googlemap the Salina Municipal Golf Course, the drags are at the south end of the old runways that sit next to the golf course.

22. TysonGreenfield

TysonGreenfield

im in. kirk and I are coming

23. andrewt2

andrewt2
    from Topeka, KS

Thanks for the help with me getting there later in the evening i dont wanna run all the time ill have to swing in and watch down searching for the place.

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hey folks! Great to meet the handfull of you that I did get to meet today, I apologize in advance if I do not remember your face in the future, that is a bad habit of mine.

I took about 400 pics today and only covered about 2/3 of the cars, I will start the upload process tonight when I get home from DJing at the club, so expect to see a link tomorrow.

My dad bought some panels at the auction, I've already made a case to him that one or two of them should live at my house....we'll see how that goes :).