Register now to get rid of these ads!

kkoa kustom and hotrod hoedown in Mo?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hubnut, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Just got my KKOA mag and it says they have added this show to their roster in Sept. Any takers? Anyone even know about it? Hell Im the south Arkansas official for them and this is the FIRST Ive heard of it!

2. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Didn't here of that one, but will be going to Salinas!

3. Heres what they're saying:

Hotrod and kustom hoedown, Sept. 26-27 (fri-sat), Marionville, Mo. Entry fee: $10.00, PRE 1964 event!

That pre 64 thing is what grabbed my attention about it being a KKOA show.

4. Packrat

Packrat

Thanks for posting this, it sounds like something I might need to go to. Anyone else have any info on this show?

5. gonmad

gonmad

Marionville?? What is there? (and I live right up the road!!) LOL

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, dont have a clue where that is...im guessin a million miles from northeast mo! as always!!!! lol

7. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Just south west of springfield 199 miles south of KC..

-COS

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

see, told ya! thats like 6.5 hrs from my door! ugg! fun stuffs always down there! :(

9. Packrat

Packrat

Any more news of this show?

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

From www.kustomkempsofamerica.com :

2nd Annual HOTROD & KUSTOM HOEDOWN, Sept. 26-27 (Fri. eve. & Sat. till 3:pm), in Marionville, Missouri (where?) 25 miles from Branson, 12 miles from Springfield, and 6 to the nearest Walmart.

Held in conjunction w/Maironville' Applefest Arts & Crafts Fair, it's just a good 'ol funtime for all. There's a Fri. night freebe grub-out at Eddie' Station/Flea Market. Don't forget your lawn chair. A gob of cheap trophies w/heartfelt feelings in each and everyone. Laid back tire-kickin', startin at 8:am in the city park (half block from the Applefest Fair), and a Maironville Square full of arts & crafts booths for the twinkle-in-your-eye to drop some of your hard earned money. As Elvis would say! "Thank'ya, thank'ya very much."

Saturday afternoon Bill Haley's original Comets (or at least one of'em is), will perform on the square stage. It'll be a goodtime for all, and all we're askin' is a $10 bill to enter and help pay the bills. Last year we had about 40 kemps, but hey, it was the first time. So come on guys & gals let's try for 75, maybe a 100 this time.

R-

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  11. Packrat

Packrat

40StudeDude, thanks a bunch for the info! That's only an hour and a half away!