Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA Gettysburg show...June 11-13,,,who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, May 27, 2004.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

Just wondering how many people from the board are gonna be there.....I'll be there with the shoebox,,didn't have it quite ready last year, but she'll be there this year for sure,,,if you haven't been there, you should check it out,,,it's usually the first show i attend each year, and i have always had a good time there.....

2. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

I'll be there on Saturday but only as a spectator, not a participant. Hopefully there will be less mud this year.

What color is the shoebox or other identifiable features?
    I'll be in the beater 59 Buick Wagon with Flames but since it'll be in the 'regular' lot I guess a description doesn't help much.
    ~ Rob

3. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.......this is Jim "Kustom7777" and his old ride..........
    [​IMG]

4. AssGasket

AssGasket
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I should be there.....

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there on Sunday...or so I say (right Larry?) [​IMG]

Jim, isn't this your shoebox (from about a year or so ago)?

Attached Files:

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

yeah, curt,,,that's her,,,that picture was taken at my friend mark's shop (chopolds to you hambers) BTW, Mark won the George Barris award for his Olds at Gettysburg last year,,If you wanna see someone really smile form ear to ear you shoulda been there,,that pic of the shoebox was taken a couple of months before gettysburg last year,,the car looks a lot different now (still in black prime, though),,,some of the changes since then are: molded and peaked rear quarter seams, 49 plymouth bumpers, 54 olds side trim, custom grille from a 51 kaiser grille bar with inverted spots for bullets on each side and 5 olds fiesta flippers for teeth along the top, extended and molded grille shell, molded front and rear pans, rounded door, trunk, and hood corners, peaked hood, buick portholes in top of hood, 55 buick steering wheel, i ditched those skirts in the pic,,,they were merc skirts i was gonna cut down, but ended up getting bubble skirts for a shoebox as part of another deal,,,3 53 merc spears on each skirt, and tons of little stuff.....skatefink,,thanks for posting that pic of the caddy.....

7. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't wait to see it...sounds bitchin'. You guys are going to be there for the whole weekend, right? I'll track you down on Sunday. I've been wanting to check out Chopolds' car since I saw pics of that one last year, too.

Hey, you don't have the old shoebox bumpers still, do you? I'm looking for a rear bumper without the rib running horizontally through the center. If you've got one you want to sell, let me know.

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

don't have the old bumpers any more,,,i actually sold them at gettysburg last year,,,i do have anothe set of 49 plymouth bumpers if you're interested..

9. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll pass on the Plymouth bumpers, but thanks anyway. See you up there!

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

HEY KUSTOM 7777 I think I met you at g-burg last year w/Marc when Iwas striping a pink chopped Merc.Your Ford looks real good. It almost has a similar feel to that guy John St.Germaines salmon and black car from Canada bw/ the 54 Olds sidetrim

11. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got shots of that one, too. Looks like a similar amount of chop...MILD, which is just right on those coupes...

Attached Files:

12. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

yeah, anthony,,,,that was me...thanks for the compliment,,i've seen pics of that car you're talking about,,,it's a great lookin shoebox.....i want you to stripe mine soon,,,it won't be ready for at least another month,,but when it's ready i'll get in touch with you, ok? btw, welcome to the board..

13. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Thanks,Ill see ya in Gettysburg.I cant believe Ive never seen your car.It just goes to show ya,I thought I knew every chopped Ford or Merc ever done...

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The Merc bumpers look great on the Canadian car.

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I deep sixing the bubbles was a great idea,since you have such a cool early feel. Im beginning to think only people from Michigan should be allowed to use bubble skirts.Im sure some of you know what I mean.

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

Should be there Saturday.

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, curt,,,that's her,,,that picture was taken at my friend mark's shop (chopolds to you hambers) BTW, Mark won the George Barris award for his Olds at Gettysburg last year,,If you wanna see someone really smile form ear to ear you shoulda been there,,.....skatefink,,thanks for posting that pic of the caddy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's Mark's car.............
    [​IMG]

18. river1

river1

kinda off topic but not really [​IMG]

while you are in gettysburg stop and see the monument to Patrick O'Rorke my great great great uncle. the monument is on little round top [​IMG] . for i brief bio go to Patrick's bio

later jim

19. scarylarry

scarylarry

Curt, I know you...your not gonna show up! [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. luckystiff

luckystiff

hey kustom7777,
    is that flamedabone's old smash 'em up by cell phone driver shoebox? i seem to remember you getting it. i was gonna get it but passed and have regretted it ever since. looks like you've come a long way. got any current pics?...ken....

21. AssGasket

AssGasket
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Irish Brigade...???

22. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

yeah, luckystiff,,,,,that's the car......it took lots of time and hard work (thanks chopolds) to get that mangled quarter straightened,,,about halfway through, we realized that the frame was actually bent from the axle to the back of the car,,,must have been quite a hit she took,,,,i wish i had the capability of posting pics, but unfortunately, i don't....maybe someone from the board will post some for me from gettysburg,,,,,,

23. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hey, look who's back!
    I'l be there, maybe without a car!
    The Olds is getting too old, and unreliable...lost it's brakes last year coming home from the show. Chevy's not done, and the 41 Ford needs too much work to get it on the road. I might have a 50 Ford PU that I can take, if I get it home on time to check it out thoroghly.
    Jim...and anyone else close...having an improptu cookout this Sat. at the shop. OO Mack is coming to stripe a car, so we don't want to disturb him by making noise, and sparks, and such. So we're gonna hang out and watch him...and drink and eat.
    If you're in the area, stop in! Noon til 6 or 7.

24. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chopolds - I'm bummed I won't be able to check out your car! It will be good to say hey anyway.

Larry - why don't you and Nappy head up Sunday instead? That way I can call you sheepishly from Idaho or something and tell you I won't be there! [​IMG]

25. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there with my pal (lurker) - riding down in his '59 Ranchero. Doubling up to save a few bucks on gas. If I drove the '55 with the 2x4's, I'd have to take out a second mortgage for gas !!!! [​IMG]

26. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

I will be there on Saturday.

27. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    I will be there on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

28. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

mark,,,,sorry i couldn't make the cookout,,i tried,,,had to work,,ended up staying here until 7 pm......btw,,who's 50 ford pickup are you talking about?? Eds??

29. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Anyone know who the 'celebrity guest' is this year?
    They've had some good ones in the past, but I don't recall seeing who's gonna be there this year.

30. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

I liked it when they had Traci Lords...

-Duck