Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. woodbox

woodbox

The lottery runs for 3 months and is drawn 17 April. Make sure you get your hands on a ticket or ten. They are available from all good quality NZHRA club secretaries.

2. You Northern boys should save your cash, this years car will be won buy a South Islander...:D

3. Yep... a South Islander currently living in the North Island. :p

4. Hell, that fits me too so I better purchase a ticket or two....;)

5. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I`m a South Islander living in a rather large North Island-ish..... Maybe I`d better buy a few when I am back in March...eh?...

6. 35desoto

35desoto

Your'e all wrong - I sold the winning ticket to a lovely family on Sunday morning at Kumeu!!
    Good to catch up with you Wade

woodbox likes this.
  7. woodbox

woodbox

The car is in a million bits on the floor of the shop so my trans guy can get at the ports to test pressures tomorrow. On the plus side of the ledger, I found what has been making noises beside the trans when going over bumps at speed....the 90 deg drive for the speedo cable had broken the housing but was still hanging on and driving the centre of the cable. I pulled it all out and tried to get another but not looking good. I spent a little more time looking over the problem this evening, it turns out I will be able to rescue the original broken part and probably make it better so it wont break again. Tomorrow I will machine a new part......and all will be good in the world!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. woodbox

woodbox

1421745699077.jpg 1421745714158.jpg 1421745730061.jpg 1421745743560.jpg 1421745759167.jpg 1421745777405.jpg Motor out on the deck, trans out tomorrow as soon as I get home from work. Speedo 90 degree drive fixed....better than before with more room and no interference possibility in the future.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    kiwijeff, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  9. woodbox

woodbox

I pulled the trans last night and dropped it off to Bruce to do some further investigation.

10. Beautiful car.

So how do you like the wind in your face driving?

11. woodbox

woodbox

Love it.......until you hit swarms of bugs or heavy rain! You really notice what is around you when driving, the different smells you would miss in a normal car......trees, fresh cut grass, animals, rain on hot roads, BBQ cooking in summer.....wouldn't miss it for the world!

12. you really do notice it don't you, specially road kill on a hot day:eek::D and being fenderless you learn to look head and steer appropriately :D

13. daddio211

daddio211

You get those sensations so much more in a roadster than a motorcycle, never figured out why.

kiwijeff, volvobrynk and woodbox like this.
  14. Not at all pleasant when one meets a milk tanker coming the other way which is spraying cow manure up off the 14 wheels on a wet drizzly day when you have decided you didn't need the roof on when you departed for that one day Rod run. And to make matters worse, the white T-shirt you were wearing is only fit for the rubbish bin after as the stains won't wash out. Oh the joys of drive open cars certainly take on a new meaning.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

But you will have those wonderful memories forever.:D

kiwijeff and k1w1rodder like this.
  16. Not wrong there Sir and to make it even more memorable, the run was captured on video / disc which everytime I watch it, makes me smile about the fun I enjoyed that day.

17. sharpmark

sharpmark

hey whip - with regards to your t-shirt - wash it like normal and then hang in the sun for 2-3 days. the sun leaches the stain out.
    you may want to remember that for next time.
    and following a stock truck is still worse then a milk tanker !!
    and following one of wallaces dead cow trucks is worse then all of them esp in summer !!!!

18. woodbox

woodbox

Spoke to Bruce, my trans guy, today. Looks like it will be a fairly major task to sort out. So I have come home, bolted a spare case to the back of the block and dropped it all back in the hole to make storage a little easier while I wait.......

Never mind.....I have the coupe to work on in the interim. :(

19. Yeah... never could figure that out!

My next Roadster is "sans windshield" that's why all the curiosity.

daddio211 likes this.
  20. Do you have detailed shots of this car done?

21. woodbox

woodbox

Look back through here, there are plenty of shots from the show I did. ..hundreds of construction ones too.

22. Nothing beats it in person !!:cool::cool:JW

23. woodbox

woodbox

I called into the trans doctors today.....for something totally unrelated, and was informed that the rebuild was complete.
    I was not expecting that. I have had no contact with them since I dropped it off to be fixed, a month ago or more.
    1427249635369.jpg It is good to have it back......but I wasn't planning on seeing it for a while yet.....hmmmm.....so much for having a plan to stick to in the shop........all out the window now I guess!
    1427249658598.jpg I am off to work in the morning, so I won't even get to look at it for a few days.
    1427249673455.jpg
    At least i have had a good run at my other project for a bit.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  24. Enough time to make the Beach Hop. JW

25. woodbox

woodbox

26. woodbox

woodbox

My son gave me a hand to get the trans back in today. We didn't have enough fluid to run it yet. Work tomorrow so no more progress for a couple of days.

27. Get some video of it rolling down the road.

28. Check out post 804 of this tread. JW

29. It's a very cool video. Page 27 of this thread, or to save time, just click here...

A well filmed and edited trailer... when's the feature coming out? o_O

Glen.

Sergeant82d, wingnutz and daddio211 like this.