Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. woodbox

woodbox

Secret squirrel mate! looks like the secrets out!!......Don't tell anyone else!

2. woodbox

woodbox

I had a busy day today. First job was to put another coat of varnish on to the longboards that my boy is making to fundraise for a school trip. Then onto the real job for the day, making a rotissery for my chassis so the blaster and the painter don't have to struggle with it. Once I had that sorted I started to do all the little welds that I couldn't get to while the car was together. I have a couple of small brackets to make in the morning, after the ANZAC parade (Like your Memorial day) at dawn in town. I will post some more pictures after I have had dinner.....which smells great! Lamb chops and rice! I would love a beer with my meal but the fridge is empty!!!!

3. woodbox

woodbox

P1030483 - Copy.JPG P1030485 - Copy.JPG P1030489 - Copy.JPG OK here they are. Tomorrow will be clean up and prep for blasting! Yay!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. woodbox

woodbox

P1030490.JPG P1030491.JPG The Chassis is all prepped today and ready for the trip to the blaster's in the morning. Once I have dropped it off I will be going to the painters to put some sound deadening onto the panels that have been primed, so we can get some color on them. I will take the camera for an update on those too.

5. This is getting exciting, im looking forward to seein some paint.

6. woodbox

woodbox

You and me both Buddy!

7. woodbox

woodbox

I took the chassis to the blaster's this morning, it should be ready to pickup on Monday. My shop looks rather empty today! That should give me a chance to tidy up a bit and get some jobs done on the parts that I have left!:cool:

8. woodbox

woodbox

Don't you just love it when contractors actually think about the job at hand, and not just blindly carry on regardless! I had a call from the blasters to ask what the final color of the chassis will be? mainly so they could use black 2 pack etch not just the normal yellow. He was concerned that if the paint got chipped the primer would show through! Well done team, doing the thinking for me!

9. woodbox

woodbox

Another day on the job today. I went to the paint shop and put nearly all of the sound deadening onto the panels, now they can be primed again over the weekend. Monday I will finish the main body panel sound deadening and pick up the chassis from the blaster......Wooohooo! 75 more days to get it finished! Oh Crap!

10. mrdodge

mrdodge

All progress is good, mate. Photo updates?

11. Beau

Beau

What transmission do yo plan on runnin?

12. woodbox

woodbox

I will post pictures on Monday after I pick up the chassis. I would have taken photos today, but everything in the booth is the same color.....including the walls and the floor.....and my hair!:cool:

I am using a fully rebuilt (read as expensive!) Buick Dynaflow 2 speed that was hanging off the bell housing of the 215 cu in Buick.

13. woodbox

woodbox

Today was my sons football (Soccer) game first, then I cleaned up and sanded the old primer off the dash panel and glove compartment lid. I will have to finish it off tomorrow, because we are all going on our clubs' annual Memorial run now, out to the coast for a meal and some chin waggin!
    Tomorrow morning will be an early one, for our annual swapmeet.

[​IMG]

14. mrdodge

mrdodge

Bit far for a day trip, especially since I'm on call for work as well. Hope the sun shines and you have a successful day:D

15. Beau

Beau

I had read that the 2-speed isn't the best behind these engines? I have a hydromatic sitting in the garage as a paper weight if you want it. It came out of a running car.

16. Be expensive shipping a paperweight across the world.

17. woodbox

woodbox

Maybe next year your work roster won't interfere with your real life! Weather is looking pretty good so far.......fingers crossed!:rolleyes:

A friend of mine had one in a small 1970's unibody GM car and he thrashed it hard and it survived! thanks for your offer but I have plenty of paper weights of my own! They are great for stopping emails from blowing around the shop!!!:eek:

Probably less expensive than a piecost!

18. woodbox

woodbox

Not too much to tell today. Had an early start to the day for our annual combined clubs swapmeet (poster above), really great turnout for the swappers and also plenty of cars to look at in the display area. A long day to be on the feet though!

I did manage to get some bead blasting done ( glove compartment lid) for tomorrows visit to the paint shop. My chassis should be blasted and primed by the morning, so I can deliver it to the painter tomorrow.

19. woodbox

woodbox

P1030532 - Copy.JPG P1030533 - Copy.JPG P1030534 - Copy.JPG I went across to the painters this morning and put the last of the sound deadening onto the body panels. He is going to block back the maind shell and then prime one more time.
    While I was on that side of town I picked up the chassis from the blasters. It looks great just in black etch primer, but I will tidy up a few minor issues then take it to paint later in the week.
    Here are some shots of the chassis today.

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

lookin good for sure...great watchin your progress Wade

21. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Paul! 73 days to go!!

22. woodbox

woodbox

I worked last night (at my paying job!) so slept most of the day. But I did manage to get a bit of prep sanding and tidying up before work again tonight. 72 days to go.

23. woodbox

woodbox

Sanding.......sanding........sanding! The chassis is all ready for top coats on Friday, pick up on Saturday. Tomorrow more sanding on the body panels and a trip to the dentist! Oh goodie!

71 days to go!

24. woodbox

woodbox

I now have minimal fingerprints on my left hand and have worn down the nail on one finger from flicking the clogged sandpaper all day!! But we have made good progress on the body panels today. One more light sand with #500 grit paper and then we will start to put on some color to the body panels. The painter keeps complaining about there being less surface area on a '65 Galaxy than on my 1927 T! Ha ha ha! But there is a whole heap of panels to sand and prep I know that much. I promise to get some pictures in the booth tomorrow! I will be dropping the chassis off to the other painter tomorrow too!

70 days to go!

25. Looking foward to some pics, it sure is a neat looking little car.

26. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Mate! You have a great lookin shop too! Maybe you need to push the 29 Tudor a bit further up the list!

Photos tomorrow.:cool:

27. Cheers, don't be fooled though its not always that tidy! Yea no shit, problem is everyone elses stuff seems to take priority, have been working on a few bits for it over the last couple of weeks though, and busy collecting bits for it, trying to keep everything vintage and using quite a few bits from the now defunct yank brands just to be different.

28. woodbox

woodbox

[​IMG]
    We have an extremely comprehensive guide here to work to when we build any modified vehicles. It has been written by Hot Rodders for Hot Rodders over the last 20 years. Not like the system in Australia run by beurocrats and idiots! Check our system out here http://www.lvvta.org.nz/ It is well worth a look.
    The guys that do the certification here are active Rodders themselves and understand where we are coming from! My 46 Coupe was the third car to be certified in this country, back in 1992. I only had to add a couple of washers and a splitpin to comply.:cool:

Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Tman likes this.
  29. woodbox

woodbox

30. fleet-master

fleet-master

yeah the guys that put the manual together should be mentioned in the New Years Honours list i reckon!!