Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ^^^Thats one happy car.... :D:D:D:p
    Looks awesome with the panels on.

2. Gota agree with Jeff on that one, its a very nice looking little car, a real credit to ya. I like the way youv'e gone with the torsion bar suspension it looks trick.

3. woodbox

woodbox

Aww come on man, don't let the cat out of the closet!

It certainly seems to have a sparkle in its peepers tha last week or so!

I like the torsion set up too......hope it works ok!?

4. woodbox

woodbox

[​IMG]
    Sorted out the mount for the horn last night before knocking off for the night. So this morning I got set up for the belly pan installation.

Front half first.
    [​IMG]

Front half on, then onto the rear one.

[​IMG]

The rear one is rather large and needed more hands to hold and fasten.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty slick once done. Should be slipperier than a snakes belly.

[​IMG]

Finally back onto the ground for the first time in way too long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still taking a while to get used to the look.

[​IMG]

I must dig out the hub caps and whack em on!

brEad likes this.
  5. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

'Check out those louvres in the hood side. '

I have an idea on how you done them ?

Which magazine will we see it in here in NZ .I bet you are getting hounded , and so you should .

Well done Wade.

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

looking great Wade, sure is loooong and low. Love the louvers in the hood sides too. How long is the bonnet? must be over a metre...:D:D
    Not long till the show now, well done!!

7. woodbox

woodbox

I would try to tell you how I did the louvres, but I might just end up putting my foot in my mouth!!:rolleyes:

Yes Paul, it is a little longer than a standard Lizzie lid! 1125mm in fact. Bloody difficult to get on and off (without scratching everything) on your own.
    When I run the fan the air come blasting out the louvres and the openings for the headers too, then you walk around the back and there is air coming out the driveshaft tunnel. I hope the belly pan doesn't cause too much grief with heat trapping. If it does I can see more louvres in my future!
    The car has 120" wheelbase. It doesn't look super long until you park it next to a full size car.

8. fleet-master

fleet-master

oh its long alright...lol like a lowered Bentley speedster:) and with a pommie motor there is an English connection after all :p

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It looks quite long, wondered what the wheelbase is ???

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Great job on the build! Its a very sleek little car!

Your engine compartment appears to be sealed up really tight. Do you think you will be able to get the hot air out?

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

12. woodbox

woodbox

Pommie motor? since when is BUICK a Pommie engine?

13. woodbox

woodbox

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

15. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Wade.... like me you could never suggest we are 'on the slim side' however, just like women, there is no such things as beautiful and comfortable - right... ;) more like two pigs fighting under a blanket when your walking away...
    Looking awesome Cuz.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  16. fleet-master

fleet-master

:eek: oops my bad...for some reason i had in my head the motor was a Range Rover jobbie. groooaaann I must be gettin old :(:rolleyes:

as you were

17. woodbox

woodbox

Forgiven! For now! Don't be starting any more malicious rumours!

18. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Must be the cold air in Outram this time of year... :) central Otago in winter is a tad chilly...

19. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Beautiful job! I have to subscribe to see how it all turns out.

20. woodbox

woodbox

I can't wait to see either!

21. Wasn't aware that Outram was Central Otago, But I can sure say its been cold up here in central, saw the sun today for the first time in 3 weeks, some days its been -6 mid morning and Id guess its about the same down Outram way. Roll on summer!!

22. woodbox

woodbox

I still can't decide whether to wear shoes and socks or jandals to work in the mornings......hell I will just have to compromise and wear socks and jandals!!!

23. :) lol

24. woodbox

woodbox

Presentation1.jpg The car is all loaded onto the trailer for the trip to our event to be held this weekend. Tomorrow we go into the venue to layout the plots for 68 cars, a couple of vendors, a Rock band and our club site. Only 4 sleeps and it will just be a memory! Then three days later I head south with the car on the trailer again to set up at the NZHRA National Show......Holy crap! It has crept up so quick!
    Tomorrow I pick up the printed show board I designed as a final touch. This will be glued to a board I made up and painted tonight.

I have a piece of carpet that looks like a dry lake bed to put under the car and a couple of bags of Lime rock chips to put around the edges and the stands loaned so generously by Shrapnel with some heavy old rope that I borrowed from my Dad. So I hope it all looks ok on the day!

I plan on taking a bunch of pictures of the next two weeks, so will be posting them asap.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    brEad likes this.
  25. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

26. psyclesinc

psyclesinc

Very cool, good job!!

27. Man that is really pretty damn neat. Real nice job. Would you mind posting a color photo or two?

28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He has done a nice job, and the car will be amazing. He has been playing the you can't see the color till the reveal at the car show card :)

I suppose I can understand, but I never could get into the whole rather secretive and sometimes snooty car show thing.

I guess if that's what floats your boat. :D Myself however would stay as far away from that scene as possible, I have different reasons for building something.

29. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Knowing "Woodbox" as I do there is no way this will be a show pony, he will simply be showing his 'pride and joy' off to those who appreciate it and also as a teaser of what can be achieved with hard work and dedication (plus skill) for those wanting to make their first steps into hot rod building, I have no doubt many street miles will be had in this car, and good on you Cuz...

30. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Cuz! You do know me too well!
    Yes I do plan on putting many many miles on this car....and it will only nice and shiney to this standard once so I am making the most of it. I am just lucky I guess that we are hosting an event and then only a week later there is a National Hot Rod show.

Believe me this will be the only time this car spends on a trailer......unless it get broken!

Unfortunately I did not have the time or indeed funds to include Brake lines, fuel lines or hook up the throtal.......but this is probably a good thing and stopped me from playing before things were finished properly. I also have to put the car though our certification process etc which will not be inexpensive, so I have some saving to do, and a bit of work around the house to catch up on. Driveway, kitchen, lounge and exterior!!!!