Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Im getting a kick outer how your keeping the colour secret. Very inventive. :D;):cool:

2. woodbox

woodbox

One of the main reasons for this is that it doesn't photograph well under flourescent lights but looks better in the natural light, so I am waiting until I can get it outside into the sun.

Some do it, and call it artistic, I do it and it's annoying! Go figure!
    All will be revealed in good time...........not long to go now.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

You know, if you stopped spending so much time selectively coloring your images - in order to prevent us from seeing your car's true colors until it's finished - you'd have far more time to work on your car! Hint hint, wink wink. Gary

4. woodbox

woodbox

Yes dear! I am listening sweetheart.........what?:D

5. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Throw up some more shots of the detail work Wade, Im liking what you have done, see you at the show....

6. woodbox

woodbox

Got a heap of pictures today mate. We put the body on and its looking goooood! I have to leave for work in a minute so will have to post them here tomorrow when I get up.
    Now that the body is on there will be some serious progress and lots to see for the week......so stay tuned!

7. woodbox

woodbox

Time for a quicky before bed!

Here you go Cuz! Some detail shots for ya.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  8. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Really cool Cuz... Now I know who to call to ask "What Colour?", theres an old rodders face I know helping out... LOL...

9. woodbox

woodbox

Who? The colorblind car painter!!:cool:

10. woodbox

woodbox

Here is a few more from yesterday.

[​IMG]

I am really pleased with the grill surround and the faux radiator core. It is just a single row of core that sits in front of the chassis structure. I toyed with the idea of making a grill insert, but everything just looked wrong. So this piece is a sacrificial grill that I can replace when its damaged or full of bugs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The firewall goes on in 7 pieces to fit around the chassis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Refer back to post #191 on page 10 to see how all these panels work along the body, floor, chassis transition.

I had the local newspaper here this afternoon to get some info and pictures for the show next weekend. we will see how badly they manage to get all the info twisted and ass backwards.

11. Geeze mate, don't tell me you are going to drive this outside and get bugs in it?:eek:

12. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

The photo's ARE colour, it's the rest of the world that's black n white.
    The press and radio stations always get it wrong, our club's been doin' the Palmy swap meet / show for over 30 years and they still manage to stuff it up.

Scotty

13. fleet-master

fleet-master

sharp. very sharp Wade. love the 'grille'...might have to pinch that one :D:p

14. woodbox

woodbox

It won't happen over night......but it will happen!:cool:

We have been quoted as holding a street road show, and even steel rodders!!:eek:

Fill your boots Paul! Glad you like it!:cool:

15. Looks shit hot mate, love the rear end fab work, good to see you have a good ol Kiwi quickchange in it, they are a beautifully made peice of gear. Are you running with the original v8 axles or have you converted them to the 9 inch style?

16. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Nailhead, At this stage I can only afford the ridgy didge axles, but I do see the 9 inch axles in my future. I will have to behave on the axles that are in there for now.....damn it!:cool:

17. Yea I know what you mean, im just getting rid of the chev diff outa the bucket and putting a 39 banjo back in to get it back to what it was in the 60's and im still running the old taper and key deals,but in the future i'll be getting some side gears from Hot Rod Works in Idaho an chucking the 9" axles that ive got in it to beef it up a bit.

18. woodbox

woodbox

When you do keep me in mind, we might be able to get a couple of sets at once.

19. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Youre gonna have to be very nice to those axles... I think a block of wood under the pedal would do the trick, otherwise sheared keys, broken hubs, etc etc, also - and most importantly, dont sneeze when cornering, eh mate. :D

Colour blind car painter? His colour matching skills must be outstanding... :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  20. Will do, ive used them before and they work great, just on a time restriction with the old girl so im leaving it as is for the time being.

21. Coming along nicely Wade . ;)

Shrapnel :cool:

22. woodbox

woodbox

No panic Mate, I will have to pay for the stuff I have done first anywho!

Cheers Shrapy, I am uploading some more pictures from todays work......I will be with you shortly.....feel free to browse!:cool:

23. woodbox

woodbox

Why do you think I had to paint it all shades of grey!!!

24. woodbox

woodbox

Looking up toward the rear at the floorpan from under the car. You can see the sound deadening and the folded support for the belly pan.

[​IMG]

Same deal here looking up at the forward end of the engine bay. The belly pan fits into the recess around the edge of the rocker and valance panels.

[​IMG]

looking up from behind at the underside again.

[​IMG]

Inner right side cockpit panel backside.

[​IMG]

And the home for it.

[​IMG]

Backside top edge of the inner panel, showing the clips I made to hold the top edge tight to the body. I could not use rivnts on the body as they would not fit past the top chassis rail around the top of the body.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  25. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Quality work Wade... I like what I see... well done, it will be a peach when finally together.

26. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers for that Cuz!

It won't be long before it is ripe enough to pick!:rolleyes:

27. davo461

davo461

50 Shades of .......
    Woody, this whole project is beyond fantastic,fabulous, amazing and all the other adjectives.
    The whole concept is brilliant and the application is incredible.
    Now! Get back in the workshop and finish it so that everyone can relax; this is a very 'tense' thread but, the work of an artisan always generates tension.
    Davo.

28. Peach color sound great Wade ... :D

29. woodbox

woodbox

Relax....what do you mean relax? As soon as the next two weeks are out of the way, I have to put down 340 square metres of concrete on the driveway and then finish the kitchen for the boss!!!!

You can have it in any color......so long as it's Black........and white!

30. RussTee

RussTee

geeez im that tense im to scared to fart so hurry up cant hold my breath much longer