Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. And don't forget .. You have to color that paint yet.:eek:

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Lets hope it isn't some pastel easter egg color that would look better on a bathroom wall ;) :D

3. woodbox

woodbox

I just need to clean the lens on the camera!!:p

4. Blue One , I can tell you it is definately NOT some pastel easter egg color :D

5. woodbox

woodbox

I really do wish you would stop peeping in my windows!!!!

6. ha , Your wife keeps encouraging me ..... reckons you've been far too busy lately to notice her ! :D

7. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

I know the colour Wade, its the same thing Karina says each night while staring at the ceiling, Beige, I think I will paint the ceiling Beige... and its stuck...

8. woodbox

woodbox

Read the rules Mister! Post an introduction first......then start to abuse the members!!!!

9. woodbox

woodbox

Back where it belongs!

[​IMG]

Starter installed, torque converter needs one more bolt, drive shaft in too!

Show meeting tonight, to sort out advertising details and T shirts etc.

I have info from the national show today too. My plot number put me right in the middle of the venue, with only a 5m front to fence off, no sides, so that will make it a bit easier! I havent forgotten you Shrappy! just tryin to get my head around what I will need.:confused:

10. Thats cool. Just let me know what ya need and I'll get them on the courier.

Shrapnel :cool:

11. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Shrap! I will be in touch.

12. woodbox

woodbox

Today I pulled the brake pedal box out and cleaned it up and reassembled it for the last time before reinstalling it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was asked for a picture to put in the program for the National show too, and I realised that I had not taken any pictures from a distance for a while either.

[​IMG]

Now that the pedal box is in for the last time I was able to put in the steering column too. The column has a support mount on the box. I had to slip the wheel on there......just to see if it still fits!!

[​IMG]

Sparky promised me he would be here in the morning to finish up the wiring job. So I had better get some sleep before he arrives.

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Getting closer and looking good, (even in black and white).:D

14. woodbox

woodbox

Two weeks today we will be loading in for the first show at our local stadium!:eek::eek:

15. You'll be " counting the sleeps " by now . Looking great so far . Am hoping/planning/wishing to make the show for a look .

16. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Little cousin, no need for introductions... I "abuse" freely without reservation - LOL...

17. woodbox

woodbox

You don't need to introduce yourself to me, but there are plenty of other people on here that haven't had the chance to know you like I do!:rolleyes:

18. woodbox

woodbox

Had a big day (so far) on the wiring front. We got pretty much everything working, flashing, shining, switching, latching, spinning and only one thing smoking!!!! The balast resistor gave us a fright, but it was just warming up!!
    I have some looming in behind the dash panel and feeds for the instrument lights to do. We have tested turn signals,brake lights, hazards, headlights etc etc etc. At one stage today we turned the engine over for a split second....and it gave us both a hell of a fright as the tapes blew off the exhaust ports!! It sounded like it was trying to fire up. No ign circuit or fuel lines yet!

So I will be ready to put the body on early next week and start to bolt all the rest together.

19. One word.

Amazing ..

20. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I'd laugh if the color was gray and the b&w images were just to keep us guessing

21. Funny you should say that, I've been thinking the same thing all along!:D
    Whatever color it is, it's comin' together real nice.

Bear:)

22. Looking really good, nothing like a tight deadline to get things done eh, I always seem to run by those rules even if I don't intend it to do it that way.
    Not to sure bout the body colour though, doesn't really do justice to the cars lines!!:D

23. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks for the vote of confidence LS! It means a lot to me,

Ha! Keeps you lot coming back though eh?

Thanks Bear. I am following your 36 build too! I wish my shop was as tidy as yours! To many pending projects in mine!

Cheers nailhead! I don't want to let things slide because of a deadline so I have decided to leave the fuel line and brake lines till after the shows, so I can do the job right, at my own pace. Plus as soon as these two shows are out of the way I have promised to put down 340 square metres of driveway for the boss and install a new kitchen for her!!:eek:

I have just finished for the day and am quite satisfied that we made good progress today. I have to get from town; A new oil pressure switch (the one I have is not working and second hand), slightly longer fan belt, more heat shrink sleeves, UNC bolt for touque converter to replace the UNF one he gave me last time! 30amp fuse for the fan ( would suck the chrome off a tow hitch!), a couple of ring ends terminals for the alt charge feed wires, and the list goes on!

[​IMG]

All loomed up and much tidier than when we started!

[​IMG]

There are still a few little bits to tidy up on this side but I will get somemore heat shrink for that.

[​IMG]

The dash lights on and the high beam indicator lamp in action too.

[​IMG]

The bulkhead penetrations on the firewall make a nice tidy job of the cables and looms.
    There might even be room on there for an Alliance tag!:D

24. woodbox

woodbox

It might do....but I will just have to look at them when I am cornering.:D

25. woodbox

woodbox

An old mate of mine used to say "You don't need no stinkin guages anyhow! If it gets hot it goes 'hiissssss...bang', If you lose oil pressure it goes 'clankity clankity bang' ".

Burt Monro said "If it blows up before the line, you pushed too hard, If it blows up after the line, you didn't push hard enough, If it blows up on the line its just right!"

26. striper

striper

No. The style and workmanship keeps me coming back. The colour thing is just an annoying distraction.

Your car....your game

27. davidfe

davidfe
    from Illinois

Great build. I just started reading it and have subscribed.

Possible barrier could be Crime Scene or Police Line tape strung between re-bar [US Name] with proper safety tops to prevent any harm.

An additional Radiation warning sign at the base of the car also might help.

Good luck.

28. woodbox

woodbox

I started to install the trans to shifter linkage yesterday. I ahve had it in previously and it worked perfectly. Yesterday when i wanted to put it in, the damn thing appeared to have grown about a 1/2", so I had to trim it down to get it to fit. All done now and the trans tunnel is done and bolted down for the last time.

[​IMG]

I plan on lifting the body onto the chassis on Tuesday morning, so I had a couple of jobs to do before that happens. The bug deflectors (windscreens) needed to be urethaned onto the brackets. I have some wind wing brackets from a 1930 Model A Roadster/Tourer. I masked them up to avoid the inevitable cleaning that ensues after the use of urethane.
    I learned my lesson after the last time I used it, that stuff gets everywhere if you try to clean up when it is soft. Today I left it for a few hours to cure then used a razor blade to cut it off......much easier and cleaner.

[​IMG]

While I had the urethane tube out I put the Hi stop (3rd brake) light into the back side of the rear body panel. This turned out looking pretty sharp!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like the LED lights, they are so damn bright now-a-days. it is just a shame that we have to have them on the cars, but that is a small price to pay I guess.

[​IMG]

This is the car as it sits tonight, after I had a tidy up of the shop.

29. Not sure if I missed it or not, Have you got an Indicator to show what gear the Trans is in Wade ? You'll need it for cert .

Looking good so far , not long to go now :D

30. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks for that!:rolleyes: I am supposed to have headrests too because I am running full harness belts!
    I saw your comment this morning and have spent the day thinking about how to make it happen. I don't think it will be a major to set up a link to the bottom of the shifter and an indicator mounted behind the shifter on the trans tunnel. I should be able to retro fit it with out damaging the paint too much either.

10 Days today.....and I am at work! Body was planned to go on tomorrow morning.....but now I have to come into work for a meeting...so there goes 3 hours.....then back tomorrow night for night shift!!!! ARRRRRGH! Pressure....hell I thrive on pressure!!!