Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by robster, Feb 9, 2005.

1. robster

robster

Hi everyone – my names Rob and I live all the way down here in New Zealand.

Joined the HAMB to listen and learn – I am very appreciative of the tons of valuable information posted daily to this site. My knowledge base has increased enormously already in the last couple of months just reading a ton of the posts in here.

In the past (over 15 yrs ago now) I’ve owned a 39 Chev coupe, a T Bucket, 32 5W with a blown sbc and a 33 5W. Been out of rodding for a while working overseas and having a family etc, but can’t stand it anymore and now looking to put together a 32 3W (like ¾ of everyone else) in early 50’s style with some genuine old parts. Getting sorted in my head exactly what parts to use – mill’s gonna be an early ohv caddy and I’ve already picked up an unused 6x2 log manifold from the 50’s. Unfortunately still gotta find, and more to the point find the money for, the 3W body. The way prices are I may have to buy a runner and then change it around. The way prices are I may have to sell my house! Cheers and thanks everyone.

2. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Welcome from Illinois. Sounds like a plan for a cool rod.

3. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Welcome from the West Coast. Would love to see this rod when it gets done,sounds wicked!

4. I go pogo

I go pogo

Welcome from the Land up over. you live in in a beautiful place and a 3 window would fit in just right. Pogp

5. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Hello,and welcome!:D

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

Welcome to your new shop. It's great in here! Kinda crowded sometimes, but everyone's willing to help. Just set that Caddy 6-2 set-up in the corner over there, and ask around - somebody must have a spare 3-window they're getting tired of tripping over...

7. Alfster

Alfster

Hi, and welcome to the HAMB. You will find a few of us Kiwi's on here. Nice to have you along for the ride.

Alfster

55 Ford
    270 GMC Modified
    Cambridge

8. nzsimon

nzsimon

more kiwi's can't be a bad thing

9. Hmmmmmmmm, this "Robster" chap. Seems very suspect... :smile:
    Could this have been a Big Flake Candy Apple Red 39 Chev Coupe with Blue Flame 6, The Eliminator T reborn and the Hinton '32? Just a wild guess...
    Now, your mission, should you choose to accept it is...who am I ?
    P.S. Nice to see you made it to the H.A.M.B Rob.... It has been a long time and I have fond memories of that '39, especially the 1982 Street Rod Nats <- subtle clue..
    Cheers,
    Cruisin' :cool:

10. Welcome.....I think we need some pictures! Sounds like some nice rides.-MIKE:D

11. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb.

12. gman

gman

Welcome! Pretty impressive credentials, man. That's what makes this board so attractive to guys like me who want to see all the neat stuff, the great stories. Far and wide. (low and slow, even)

13. Alfster

Alfster

Hey, who are you?? Did you ever do an intro?? :) :)

14. Yeah, I got flamed cos I got it wrong first time!! Did another but Damn, that was nearly 3 1/2 years ago alfie!
    The Blowout is it, on the 20th March.
    Anyways, I reckon we should have a Kiwi HAMBER get together there and somebody should take a photo of our ugly beaks and scare all the newbies!
    So Alfster, are ya in for some fun?
    Are you headin' up on the day or staying over on Sat. nite?
    I will head up to the blowout at about 9am approx.
    Are you also going to the Nostalgias on the 20th?
    Grudge match the 55 and the 58 :cool:
    Later,
    C

15. Alfster

Alfster

Crusin'
    The FORD day is on (Ford Motor Company, Manukau City) the same day as the Blowout so I guess we will be making it to both events. May cruise up on the saturday and stay on the Shore for the night.

As for the grudge match. Hell, I don't know. Does Stitch have any HAMB calenders. It would be that slow we would need a calendar to time the race. :) :) :D But hell yeah, I'm in for a bit of fun.

Does the winner get to line up against the Olds?? :D

16. Well, here is one that I just happened over...:eek:
    The '39 was a great first effort!
    3 young guys in their early twenties, a long weekend and $$ and fuel!
    420 "who's counting?" Rods, Customs and Street Machines, converging on one place. 1000 + people and fun to be had, ahh the memories..
    There are one or two more of the such said mentioned chap hisself but those really must seek approval prior to posting.. ;)
    Cheers,

Attached Files:

17. robster

robster

Man Cruisin' - I'd forgotten we were even there and you got photos!

18. Yup, I took 100 photo's of that National event...
    Still well preserved and ready for scanning if necesary :D
    Have a few of the '39 after it was painted and still nearing completion.
    Then there is one of you in Pete's Blown V6 Ford Pop riding shotgun.
    Well, now that I have a PC going after a 2 week spell of inaction, hopefully I can surf the net a little better. Broadband is also looking a lil more +ve too :)
    Cheers,

19. Welcome,,,looks like you have had some nice rides in the past,,,,,good luck finding that 3 window,,,,,,,,, :) HRP

20. robster

robster

Thanks HRP - been talking to Randy huh - I love that guys stories - some of those people would have driven me up the wall.
    I'll get one - I'm hunting all over!

21. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA